2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Toyota Delivers
By Steven Scott on 06/04/06 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I spent considerable time comparing the Sienna with the Honda and Chrysler minivans. The Sienna has a better feel in handling and in comfort. There is plenty of power with the 233HP engine. The Toyota cost more than the other minivans but the drive and amenities were worth the extra. I haven't found any flaws in the vehicle yet, but I've only had it for 5 weeks. Draw backs to the Sienna are: low quality Turanza tires, a slightly higher cost in insurance than the other minivans, and gas mileage that does not live up to sticker expectations.

Bilking the Name Brand
By NJRD on 06/02/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It is bothersome to pay such a steep price for the value you get in return. The days of Toyota are numbered if it does not add value to its products as it will not be able to ride on its name for ever. The quality of interior cloth is similar to what they had put in '97 Camry CE. Shabby fixed antenna on a 28K vehicle! Turn signals are not safety friendly as they are hard to read in snow and rain. Ride is noisy to say the least and Toyota lacks dealer commitment who just want to push it as a cheap commodity

What a Comfortable Ride
By DiversWife on 05/14/06 06:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not sure about why other reviewers said this vehicle was uncomfortable. I have the leather seat upgrade and just spent a week's worth of traveling in this vehicle (riding in the 3rd row) and found it to be VERY comfortable! The first time I drove my new van I was amazed at how it felt like I was driving my mom's Lexus. It rode so smooth and felt very solid. Coming from a 98 Honda Civic to this is a HUGE change! The twins fit very comfortably in the van, as well as the two Dobermans, the cat, hubby and lots of luggage. It's also quite sporty so I don't feel like an old soccer mom when I'm driving it!

Drive it right and you'll get 20 mpg!
By Steve on 05/06/06 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First, never thought I'd buy a minivan, but very glad I did! I'm getting 22.1 mpg in the city and I say that if you are only getting 14, then blame your foot, not the van! I'd like to know how it will tow, but can't find any info (thinking of buying a pop up). I love my van even though I didn't go for all the extras. For higher mpg, USE CRUISE CONTROL where ever possible, even in city! Coast down big hills! I can't believe there is no power to the cigarette lighters when the key is off!

Better than thought!
By m.sum on 05/04/06 14:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our family grew and we needed all 8 seats. We owned a '98 Sienna and loved it so when Toyota came out with a 8 seater it was a no brainer for us. It is quieter, smoother and has everything a large family needs as well as being economical to drive. Would tell anyone who is considering to buy the Sienna it is fun to drive and doesn't feel like a minivan but like you are driving a sedan. We looked at all the competition and test drove them all and there is no comparision with Toyota quality. Buy and enjoy.

Can't go wrong
By D on 04/30/06 15:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Honda or Toyota? Up to you. But with AWD in the Pacific NW, we couldn't go wrong. Plus, the fully loaded Sienna is closer to a Lexus than the Odyssey is to an Acura. 100% satisfied. So much more refined than 2003 4Runner Ltd.

Glendale Arizona family
By Excellent on Gas on 04/27/06 20:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We say that this mini van is really good on gas, compared to our dodge quad cab that we have to fill up every week, compared to the every 2-3 weeks on the van. Its a really nice ride, the options they put in is really nice for the price you buy it for. We have looked around and didnt seem to find a better deal than what we found at a toyota dealer in Arizona.

So much better than Chrysler
By bsief on 04/20/06 06:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a quiet-running vehicle. I can actually hear my kids talking to me from the 3rd row seats. At neighborhood speeds, I barely hear the van running. It is easier to park than the Chrysler Town & Country van I previously drove for 8 years. The cargo area is very practical for hauling groceries, soccer gear, anything. It is recessed from the rest of the floor level, so things don't shift and roll around the van. It is easy to drive. It drivesmore like a car than a minivan. A big plus is that it comes in AWD. Not a 4 wheel drive option that I can shift into if needed. It drives in 4 wheel mode as needed. Excellent control, tight steering. Buy it!

Best Daycare Mini Van
By Best Daycare Ride on 04/16/06 18:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a Sienna Mini Van for my in home daycare business. I really love the space, 6 cd changer, rear air control where the back seat riders can control, controls on the steering wheel, compass, temp reading for the outside, just there is nothing bad about this van. The only things I would just like to see change is two automatic door openings for the CE, and a few of my friends and my husband says when there a passenger and we turn left it feels like there is to much body roll. Other than those two things, I really give this a 5 star rating.

love it
By s. munger on 04/14/06 20:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We just got the 06 LE 8 passenger. Very functional for our family with 2 kids. Drives nice, lots of room, interior can be changed to fit our needs, good fuel economy (compared to my prior SUV). The ride could be a little quieter tho.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.