Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Luv my Van!
By Kate

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love having such a safe vehicle. I wasn't in the market per se for a van but the safety ratings sold me. I have a small child and her well-being is #1. I also was very impressed w/ the vans handling in the snow. My van out performed my husbands Silverado 1500! We were both in shock. Overall my van is safe, beautiful and reliable. I know it will last me far beyond my car payments. If you don't mind the initial teasing of being called a soccer mom, this is the vehicle to have.

I love having sliding middle row seat (s). I can move my baby up so I can reach her. My sliding door windows open up and down, so cool. Cargo space, cargo space, cargo space. Thats all I can say about that!

So far I have none. The whole vehicle is BEAUTIFUL!

Extremely unhappy with fuel economy
By Don Miller

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is an exceptional vehicle in all aspects but the fuel economy. To the point were I will not purchase another Sienna! I previously had a 2004 Sienna and the mileage on it was 29-31 mph. The 06 is around 21! Yes, I still have the same driving habits and locations.

Dynamic laser control cruise.

Improve the fuel economy or change your claims on the sticker.

Great Vehicle, Good Price, Poor Stereo
By David Williams

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Sienna six months ago and I'm very impressed with the vehicle. It has a very nice interior with and 8 full size seats. The only minivan with three full size seats in the second row. The center second row adjustable seat is great for infants in car seats. The trunk can adequately handle the luggage for eight passengers. The engine is powerful and smooth. The stereo system sounds very basic and inadequate for such and excellent vehicle. The ride is quite and smooth.

Interior, fold flat 3rd row seats, large trunk, smooth ride, power sliding right door, full size adjustable center second row seat, and interior observation mirror.

Add more speakers and a better sounding and stronger stereo system. Add more lighting to the trunk space area. Make stability control standard.

Love My Sienna
By lovemysienna

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I read other reviews about the Sienna XLE - not sure if it is that different from mine, but I love my Sienna! We owned a Honda Odyssey - top of the line and while it was a very reliable vehicle, it was a very rough ride. The Sienna is extremely smooth and handles great in any weather including the below 0 temps & snow that we have had in Chicago recently!

Automatic power door - wish we had it on both doors!

Gas mileage could be a bit better, but it's a minivan - pretty much the same as other minivans out there! I average about 17-19.

I can't believe a Mini!
By dorisrez

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would ever drive a minivan. But now that I do, I am so glad it is this one! It is very luxurious and is very accomodating to any busy parent with a bunch of kids! I have only had it for a week and as much as I miss the mpg on my Matrix, I love the room and the space.

Electronic Doors including the hatchback, great sound system, fold away seats and leather interior

Climate control is not sensitive enough. Gets too hot at times even though on 69 degrees. Would like to disable power door buttons in the interior based on child safety locks activated.