2001 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Best Car ever!
By rippingmk on 09/09/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Original Owners of this 2001 Toyota sienna got it way back in 2001 and just keeps on chugging along. Only one big big project was done on it and that was transmission replacement because the fluid was getting burnt. 99,741 I'm expecting to see 100,000 miles within the next 2 weeks!`

Good Boring Van
By 631rob1991 on 03/06/11 21:45 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drove it to 240,000 miles with no problems. Great quality reliable ride. But about as boring as can be and had a smaller interior then most other mini vans. Overall positive thoughts about the 01 Sienna.

Babe Magnet
By VanMan on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am amazed by the reviews on here, some honestly just make me laugh, I run full synthetic, and run 3k mile oil change runs, never had an issue with sludge. My interior takes a beating (not by kids, but snowboards, mountain bikes, and drunken friends) I have replaced the brakes twice in the front, the rears i believe are original, pads in NYC cost me 35 bucks a wheel to replace. rotors are 50 bucks each. The seats are super comfortable, and the ride is better then my friends 99 deville. The seats could be uncomfortable if you are huge, but then just pull the back seats out and roll yourself in.

Decent, but disappointed
By Jim on 06/14/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this minivan in 2001. Our first choice was a Honda Odyssey, but in that year Hondas were so in demand we'd have to order one and wait. The Toyota Sienna has been a decent alternative. We have traveled across the country with it and it has never broken down. It has issues, however. Among them are the engine light and low tire inflation light constantly going on and annoying little repairs (struts, CV joints, shocks, and assorted other annoyances) such that I generally have to sink $2000 every two years into the thing to keep it going. Most recent repair bill in April '08 was just under $2000. Brakes seem to need to be replaced often.

Minor Issues only at 210,000 KM
By Joey on 05/04/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one new in 2000. Currently at 210,000 KM (130,000 miles) Have replaced brake pads once at 120,000 km. Other than that only regular maintenance. Driver side power window motor sounds like a bearing is worn. Kids are older, probably will sell it and get a smaller more fuel efficient vehicle. Paid 29,000 CAD in 2000, can sell easily now for about 8,000. No complaints here, obviously.

Great Car!
By Dagwood55 on 07/12/06 06:29 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our '01 Sienna new in June of '02. No problems with it at all. I tested several other minivans and was astonished at the power of the 3.0L V6 in this car and that's the principal reason I bought it. It also impressed as being quiet, comfortable and solid. After 62K miles, it's just as quiet as the day we bought it. We've gotten 26mpg on many long trips, which seems good for a van. Excellent features and sound system. The driver's side electric mirror has become a little balky and the power door needs a minor adjustment. NO other problems. Our experience with this has led us to buy two more Toyotas since, which are also great cars.

Toyota Sienna - Excellent mini van
By Satisfied consumer on 03/06/06 11:11 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drives like a car. Purchased for its reliability and safety rating. I wanted something safe for passengers (children in the car.) It has lived up to all expectations in terms of comfort, performance and reliability. We are on the highways a lot here - no complaints about acceleration. Excellent turning radius. After five years, still like the way it looks, inside and out.

A quiet, refined vehicle
By H. KESTNER on 03/01/06 19:26 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent vehicle, the best I've owned in 40 years of driving. It is responsive to a fault...no sag, no pause...just a nice smooth flow of power and control.

It's a Toyota
By UKkid89 on 02/06/06 15:56 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Didn't intend to spend that much when we bought it 5 years ago but it's been worth it. This is my 7th Toyota and it has been just as reliable as all the others. And when I say reliable I don't mean how some people mean it. It now has over 64500 miles and I just changed the brakes, tires at 40000, and air filters every 30000, nothing else on it has ever been replaced. The only thing the 2 dodge grand caravans I've had over this vehicle is interior volume.

Good choice.
By Bill on 12/15/05 12:11 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a well made van. Of course it is the only van we have owned. It is basically a Camry.