2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: Smart Buy

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

Smart Buy
By spotbearsd on

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I really disliked the idea of going back into another large SUV. I am so glad I did! I cross-shopped this with an Expedition, F150 Supercrew, Titan, Tundra, Pathfinder, Armada.The Sequoia was hands down the nicest driving. Its smooth as a Lexus (for a truck) and is not fluffed up or affected by gross depreciation like a Ford the minute its driven off the lot. Ford offered $3000 more for my trade and $2500 under invoice, but even with the higher price of the Toyota, it was clear which would be worth more in 6 months. The Toyota dealership was nothing special. Felt as though they really didn't try to sell the car. I had to really work at getting the price I wanted.Did not see the value in LIMITED model.

Handling and overall smoothness. Rear power window and large sunroof. Resale value. The newly added bigger engine for 2005's. Church quiet on the highway. Auto a/c is effective and works both the front AND rear off the same control!

Seats could be slightly better.Should have an alarm system at this price. JBL stereo does not have enough power to be heard when windows are down. A fold flat second row seat or make them removable like the 3rd row. Add rear park assist. Why do car companies continue to use odd-ball tire sizes?