Used 1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Previa - Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Previa

View reviews for a specific Previa model:

Most Helpful|
My Dream Car/Van
By MTrudell

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I remember seeing these when they first came out and thought I gotta get one of those, Well 17 years of marriage and many minivans later I came across this one for sale and had to have it. I have driven from NC to NY to Utah and Back with this thing and it does not disappoint! My kids are growing up and moving out and I have Begun to sport tune it old school, Kragers and Fresh paint (my wife run a mailbox all the way down the passenger side, Never live that down) I actually get 27.5 MPG on long trips with 3 teens and 2 adults loaded. I really wish they would bring these back! I also will be buried in mine! Wish i had got my hands on one when i first got married!

Favorite Features

Comfort, visibility, gas mileage, storage space, people space, and yes the space age look!

Suggested Improvements

Nail down the drivers side floor mat! it slides up under the brake pedal when you get in, very upsetting! But I remedied it!

I'll keep it forever!
By The Barber Family

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Have owned this Previa since day 1 and love it. Have no fear of taking on long trips. Used as a work horse when remodeling our home. Carried bricks, appliances, lumber with no trouble. Would not think of parting with it. Don't use it much anymore since I got my Prius but it starts every time I use it. Regular oil changes and general maintenance keep it running great.

Favorite Features

Love the overall shape and interior layout. My brother called it a 'jelly bean'! Ability to take on any task you ask of it.

Suggested Improvements

Could use better cup holders. Who knew in 1991 cup holders would be the rage!

Previa 1991
By rvg

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

Very dependable. No engine/drive problems. Radio/AC not high standard. Seeing exterior rust. 4 cylinder has drawbacks but not noticable. Overall very reliable, but newer models have better conveniences.

Favorite Features

easy to get in.

Suggested Improvements

4 door. better audio. noise reduction. more ventilation in the back.

The Toyota Previa is the Minivan.......
By Joe

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

I purchased my Previa at 90,000 miles and now has 161000, which is nothing for a Toyota. I change my motor oil, tranny fluid, tuneups, just regular maint. This van is incredible. Gas mileage is great. I will NEVER sell it, IThe Previa is lighter, faster and better gas mileage than other vehicles I've owned. My Previa is still #1. Toyota was crazy to discontinue it. Bring it back, the Sienna doesn't come close. In the snow, with good snow tires no problems, it handles great.

Favorite Features

The rear passenger A/C located just behind me, above my head easy to reach. The double sun roofs, rear folding seats and RELIABLE.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior lighting for the rear and again bring the Previa back and let the people decide! All the other vans are generic.

It's been a workhorse
By bigbilllove

1991 Toyota Previa Deluxe 3dr Minivan

This old fellow has over 300,000 miles and is just starting to show its age BUT it's still drivable and looks very modern. I had to replace the drive shaft that runs the various belts at about 200,000 and some of the door hardware has come loose. The radio and cassette deck were a little weak. There is no reason to expect less than 250,000 miles on the '91 Previa. This is a great vehicle. AND it's been paid for for well over 10 years!

Favorite Features

Very modern look, roomy and can haul a big load. Easy to get in and out. May last forever.

Suggested Improvements

Door and body hardware is weak. Adding oil requires tilting driver's seat and opening floor panel.