2005 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Matrix
By degrenia on 01/14/06 07:38 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought our car 2 weeks ago and I love the way it drives and I am short so the way the driver seat is I can back up and see so much better than any car I have tried.

Best for the money
By PracticalCarBuff on 01/04/06 15:26 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Clearly the best value choice for a new car at this price. The space and utility combined with fun to drive, features and economy cannot be beat. interior has incredible space and versatility. Though considered less sporty to drive than some others, I enjoy being behind the wheel very much. Has some clear shortcomings at this price in terms of quality and safety that are usually overlooked by reviewers but I find important in real use. Impossible to find perfection in any car at this price, but this vehicle does the best combination for space utility, reliability, efficiency and affordibility. If there was a Lexus version with more power, safety and nicer interior, same value, I'd buy it.

WOW! Says it all!
By dlogan on 01/03/06 08:43 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Researched, looked, drove mid-sized SUVs for months before accidently coming across this wonderful spot of RED in the dealer parking lot! I have back trouble and needed a TALLER vehicle for comfort, this unexpectedly fit the bill! Went in stopped the paperwork on Jeep and have been extremely happy! Travel about 2000 miles per month and have a great time doing so! Love it with 3 kids and a TALL 6'1'' husband!

It's a Keeper
By Sparky on 01/02/06 17:50 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car, needing a daily commuter that got good gas mileage, but with enough room for when I'm hauling the 4 kids. I have occasionally kicked myself for not getting the Scion tC instead, bigger engine, more power, more stylish and fun, auto transmission etc., but opted for the Matrix because of the headroom, especially in the back seat, my 13 year old son is nearly 6 ft tall. But all in all, the more miles I put on this car, the better I like it. It has been rock solid since day one, and the mileage keeps getting better! (currently averaging 35.9 over the last 5k miles. Cargo room is unbelievable, I can easily fit two large Costco carts of groceries inside!

Love My Car
By Charlie on 12/28/05 18:19 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the Matrix because the wife wanted an SUV and I wanted a Camry, this became our cross breed. The Matrix is a wonderful car, except when backing out of a parking lot, it is made a lot like the Camry, yet it is big enough to to feel like you're driving an SUV. We feel that we have made the best choice that we could have made at the time and are looking into buying a second Matrix.

Great car, all around!
By CKP on 10/30/05 23:10 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I downsized from a Ford F150 Super Cab, and haven't missed it. My fuel bills have been cut by 2/3. I'm 6'4" and surprisingly fit very comfortably, even with our family of 5 in the car. It's a lot of fun to drive, especially with the manual transmission.

Made a great choice.
By ADD on 10/27/05 21:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my Jeep Liberty for the Matrix over the summer due to rising gas prices. I didn't want to lose the cargo space I had with the Jeep. I made a great choice. I've been able to haul quite a bit with my Matrix. It has been the perfect substitute for an SUV without the high cost of gas. I'm surprised more SUV owners aren't switching to these as an alternative. I can see myself keeping this car for a long time. It's easy to drive and I've saved quite a bit of money on gas.

The Best of Toyota
By Z-MAN on 10/27/05 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is worth every penny... and that isn't much to pay. The quality of Toyota is everywhere within this car. The gas mileage is great, it looks great, and performs the same way with the Toyota dependability. It is roomy enough for family travel, great leg room! Load it up and go. Whether you're going around town or on a long trip, you cannot go wrong with this vehicle. I now know what my next vehicle is going to be!

I LOVE THIS CAR
By Michelle on 10/13/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After a serious accident my Toyota Camry, I decided that I had to go with another Toyota. My decision was the best decision I ever made. I love this car. It is stylish yet reliable. It is sporty yet versatile. I am extremely happy. Good Job Toyota with the Matrix.

Super Cool
By JW on 09/26/05 23:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Matrix feels like an SUV, but it is very low to the ground so there's a low risk of rolling over. It looks very sporty and feels very nice to drive. It is, afterall, a Toyota-- what more could one ask for?