Used 2003 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Echo Experience
By Doug

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Toyota. which I purchased as a Certified vehicle. It's quirky looks and smallish exterior are more than made up by the excellent interior room and outstanding fuel economy. My Echo is pretty basic, manual everything except transmission. To date, I've been very please with the quality and economy. I'd recommend the Echo to anyone looking for a fun, reliable commuter car.

Impressive interior room and storage areas. The performance from the 1.5 liter engine is robust.

With the small size, I'd suggest daytime running lights as a standard feature.

Best Purchase I've Ever Made
By M. Rae

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a dependable, fuel efficient vehicle this is the car for you! I have owned my ECHO for nearly 3 years and never had a problem! While all my friends were driving gas-guzzlers, I could easily get buy without filling up for 10 days! The ECHO is fun to drive, not overly complicated, and simply a wonderful car!

Propped up seating, 5-speed, large trunk, fuel efficiency, eclectic design

The back seat should fold down into the trunk

Comments on Toyota Echo 2003 2-DR
By Beatrix

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I think this car deserves to write a few words.I purchased mine in 04/2003. I gave 9 on fun-to-drive only. As it is noted not always easy to drive on the high-way when it is windy outside. Also, without wind, if you drive on the highway like more than 85 miles/hr, it is difficult to keep the car on the same track. So, the speed limit (under 70 miles/hr) should be always kept:-) I gave 9 on performance, because sometimes I feel that it does not run that smoothly as it is seen in an e.g. Toyota Camry or Honda Civic - sometimes a noise is coming when it is simply neutral (mine is manual). I had no problem until today at all, just needed oil filter change, tire rotation and other maintenance.

Centered board, great mileage (between Washington DC and the west coast of Florida on the I-95) 42 miles/gallon, on the highway (had to stop three times to get gas, and the third time was at home); 38 miles/gallon in the city; beautiful green color, nice lamps -looks better than ones from prev years

Stronger interior (e.g. some plastic stuff wants to come off sometimes); not sure if I am the only one who noticed the noise from the engine while the car is in neutral gear

Fun, efficient, economical car
By jmw131

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I find the car to be fun to drive, very efficient with the 34-38 mpg, and very economical, i got it for $8,200 from a dealership in excellent condition with 37k miles. I didn't like the steering at first but got used to it. I was surprised at the power it had for its size. I couldn't have gotten a civic for anywhere close to this purchase price and if you don't care about the look like a married man like me doesn't then it's great.

MILEAGE, COST, and the surprising driveability

I woulda liked the back seats to fold down. Other than that I am more than satisfied.

I Love My little ECHO
By Very Happy Owner

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for 1 month and I keep finding more compartments. I am very pleased and surprised with the fuel consumption.

Lots of cargo space. Quiet engine. Very comfortable.

Clock and a car alarm should be standard.