Used 2003 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Fun, efficient, economical car
By jmw131

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I find the car to be fun to drive, very efficient with the 34-38 mpg, and very economical, i got it for $8,200 from a dealership in excellent condition with 37k miles. I didn't like the steering at first but got used to it. I was surprised at the power it had for its size. I couldn't have gotten a civic for anywhere close to this purchase price and if you don't care about the look like a married man like me doesn't then it's great.

MILEAGE, COST, and the surprising driveability

I woulda liked the back seats to fold down. Other than that I am more than satisfied.

I Love My little ECHO
By Very Happy Owner

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for 1 month and I keep finding more compartments. I am very pleased and surprised with the fuel consumption.

Lots of cargo space. Quiet engine. Very comfortable.

Clock and a car alarm should be standard.

It's worth every penny!!!
By Meagan

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

If you are a young person looking for a cheap yet reliable car, the toyota echo is perfect for you! it's great on gas and very fun to drive. it's almost like a toy. I love the placement of the odometers and just the way it looks all around. If you are looking for a gas saver then this is definently the car! Before this car, I had a Honda Civic, which i wrecked and i could have got another one but i chose the echo instead because i have heard so many good things about it. I love my toyota echo!!!

The placement of the odometers, high seats, amount of room inside, great visibility!!!

maybe power windows, and power locks....a little too basic.

great car
By jdmwiseau

2003 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, I have an automatic and average 43 MPG on the HWY. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the power of the 1.5 liter power plant. Wish I had cruise control with all the driving I do but I am not fatigued at all with the 200 plus miles I drive daily. I highly recommend this car for the daily commuter. My other car is a Lexus LS400. I know quality when I drive it.

center gauge cluster. Don't worry you will get used to it quickly and it is great at night

Cruise control should be standard along with PDL and PW.

Echo
By BrianT

2003 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got the two door echo. It's not too small but I don't reccomend the two door because it's a pain getting everybody inside it. Echo holds up good against high gas prices but doesn't hold up on the highway as much. I do alot of highway driving and when it's really windy the Echo blows all over the road. It's great for in town driving though, you never have any wind disturbances there. My car came with very few options which was dissapointing but I didn't want to pay a bunch extra. I'd say if you had to choose between the Echo or the Hybrid Prius, to go ahead and pay a lil more for the Prius. It's alot better on everything.

It's not my 1968 Mustang.

Do something about the wind Toyota, come on there are people out there who do use the highways alot. Design it more aero dynamic. Needs more features with the same price tag.