Used 1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Could not kill it!
By themanindbox

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Well, I owned a 99 corolla from new until 2005 when I sold it for 4 grand. At that point it had a little over 315K miles on it, didn't burn oil, no lights, and everything that was in it worked.
I had to replace oil every 3k miles, but that is about it. It handled better then a civic, got better mpg, and was faster off the line, not to mention cheaper to insure.

I would love to get my hands on a 99 corolla with a blown motor with the options I had in mine, it is a perfect candidate for a 2zz swap.

I have owned over 18 cars in my life, and nothing on the planet will take a beating like a Toyota. Not Honda, and nothing American can come close.

Power everything; Moonroof true stick shift

Window regulators did not work correctly and would require you to hold the glass to get it to close correctly. (Recalled about 2 years after I sold it)

Beauty in the eyes of the beholder
By kenwid1988

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Corolla VE out of desperation. Needed something to replace my 1993 Accord with almost 300K miles (no kidding). I wish I would have taken my time, because I'm not loco for this car. It is too basic. I bought it in Nov. 2007 with 76K miles for $9K! I felt it was too much, but OMG it was a Toyota. Quality this, quality that. Yeah, this car can take a beating, and still run its little sluggish heart. But it is ugly in the back LOL! It looks mad as hell in the back with it's squinting eye taillight design LOL! It's probably mad that it can't perform worth words I cannot say at church. If ANYTHING, get an LE model and not the VE, at least you can have power everything. VERY LEAST!

Hmmm... It can start up?

Too late, this model is long gone!

I love my Sandpiper!
By taylorruckus

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My great-grandmother bought this car new, and when she passed it went onto my grandmother, and now it's mine. With 265,000 miles on it, this car is so unbelievably reliable! I have never broken down. Its only problems are a leak in the power steering fluid (an $800 fix, but no problem if you just top off the fluid every other week), broken interior lights and weak door handles that break every couple of years. This car is such a ridiculous value if you need something that will get you where you need to go-- and I get at least 29 miles to the gallon, sometimes more.

This car is durable, and did I mention reliable?! Of course, it's a '99, it doesn't have any fancy features, but it has everything you need.

The ceiling is pretty low if you're tall-- and the ceiling liner is starting to come down, my boyfriend is only 5'8" and it rubs on his head.

Best Car in History
By huaiti323

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $4000 almost 3 years ago. have changed only tires, filters and the serpentine. The a/c is amazing, the MPG are great. The only problems are cosmetic like the center drawer door broke and the interior roof covering is peeling off. I bought it in Florida and recently shipped it to Puerto Rico and it is still unstoppable with 168,000 miles and counting!

MPG, reliability and the A/C

Nothing but the interios ceiling thing!!!

Love this car!
By willkeepitforever

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My husbands car has almost 200,000 mi on it and you just can't kill it! It just goes forever if you keep up with oil changes every 3k and proper maint. I just wish they would make it roomier for people up to 5'8" -6' tall. That is truly the only complaint. I am only too happy to get a small economical car that is a good buy! Not to mention tremendous resale value. I spoke to two owners that have sold their 1999 Toyota Corolla's between $2,300.00 - 3,200.00. Just goes to show the public still has confidence in Toyota! I used to be a Honda person, but switched to Toyota after two of my Honda's needed a Transmission at 180,000 mi. - Bye Bye Honda! Just bought two more Toyotas for my family

Excellent factory installed stereo.

Needs more leg room.