1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Wow you can't kill it
By n/a on 07/20/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

250,000 miles and never have replaced anything except tires. If you want a car that lasts mechanically this is your car. I am not easy on cars and this one has never left me stranded, whether on long trips or 100 mph for half an hour. Worth its weight in gold.

Very Reliable
By kctoyotaowner on 06/18/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 after my H.S. graduation. I wanted something that would last me longer than a typical first car. I got what I wanted! This vehicle has carried me through several moves, college, and now a daily commute in my career. It handles well in snow and ice and have never had any issues with the A/C and heating. I have replaced the struts, tires, battery, and brakes - everything to be expected. I'm at 100,000+ and still going! Some loss of pickup with passengers but overall, a great car.

Best Car
By Altin on 01/26/09 11:12 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I graduated from school and I needed to buy a reliable used car. I chose a Toyota Corolla and I am very happy for it. My car had 97000 km ( 65000 mi) and so far I have done 6000 miles and it is great. The fuel economy and start it is great. We need to use our block heaters in Edmonton, but I didn't have a plug in and one day the temperature was -31 degrees Celsius (-24 F), but no problem, my reliable friend started. It is 10 year old but looks like new, because of superior quality that you find in a Toyota.

Two Thumbs Up and a Smile
By Ody on 12/23/08 20:47 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I was apprehensive when the dealer wanted me to look at my Corolla, always owned a mid-size Ford or GM, after testing it out all I wanted to do was sign on the line, even forgot to haggle the price down. For the first time in years I can't wait to get in the car and drive. It handles good in snow and ice, w/ easy recovery in a slide. The heat and ac are top quality and at 103k miles it's peppy and smooth. Love the drop down seats in the rear to expand the trunk. The cashier at the gas station though I had moved away! ;-) Did I mention the the stock stereo is more than you would ever expect out of this little gem?! Overall, great car for all ages and puts a smile on my face.

Reliable
By Farmer Sue on 12/21/08 17:49 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have just over 175,000 miles on it. The only items I have replaced are the front struts, brakes, tires, and other routine maintenance items. Very reliable.

Pretty good reliable car
By Melissa on 04/05/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I was very much enjoying my little Toyota. It got pretty good gas mileage and didn't need much maintenance. My car was totaled, so I don't get to drive it anymore. I think if you get one low mileage you can drive the wheels off of it! The only complaint is that back seat space is tight.

Great reliable car. I recommend it!
By tobias on 12/28/07 22:58 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 3.5 years ago when I was in college. It's been the only car I've owned. I wanted a car that would be reliable and not cost me much to maintain and that it has been! I have almost 100,000 miles on it. I just replaced the front brakes, but otherwise just basic maintenance. It's the VE which is VERY stripped down...doesn't even have intermittent whippers (I joke that the whippers have 2 speeds, fast and faster). The engine is loud on the highway, and I can tell the difference in pick up when I have passengers. But those are my biggest complaints. Overall I love this car!

Reliable and Excellent Corolla
By Ennio Popol on 02/24/07 13:03 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Very Comfortable and reliable car with excellent safety. This car has already 7 years and the engine really bright with power and economy. For me the more important thing is the reliabilty about it. The main maintenance that I made to the car was to change the clutch just 2 months ago. This is a really, really, really good car, cheap to maintenance.

Love my Corolla
By Roger on 06/26/06 17:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Corolla two and a half years ago with 67,000 miles on it. It is my first car. Up to this point I could not be happier with my purchase. On the road the Corolla is very easy to drive and feels stable at all speeds. The ride for the most part is comfortable except when driving over large bumps or uneven road surfaces. The gas mileage is terrific. I routinely average 29mpg in city driving with the automatic transmission. The interior of the Corolla is nice too. The materials are high quality and the controls are very simple, I would even say too simple. The cabin is usually quite except for an annoying rattleling noise that comes from within the center console.

Yup
By Gster on 05/23/06 20:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car is very good for driving distances. The gas mileage, I am happy with. The handling is pretty good. The only drawback, really, is the pick-up. The car does not accelerate quickly. That is really the only thing I would change. Its a great "school" care and one that will last you for a long time. I put about 22,000 miles since I got it in 2003 and have not (knock on wood) had any problems with it. Its a great car for the price. They could (which I think they did for 2007) make it a little sportier, for us young adults. Overall, don't pass it up for at least a test drive. The compartments and layout of the digits and the dashboard are great.