2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Toyota GT
By westcoastgirl on 05/09/06 07:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had an old 82 VW Rabbit which lasted me a very very long time. I traded it in for a 2001 Toyota Celica GT. WOW despite all the reviews. I love this car it is great if your single looking for something sporty. Handles corners on a dime. Turns eyes it looks better than a chevy calvier or pontiac Sunfire. Enough room for my stuff and a friend. I would not recommend if you have a family. The interior is fine for me very sharp. I am very happy and no problems with it at all. After reading that some people do not like the GT-S. The GT no problems great car and I bought it from an a American Dealership.

my toy
By lg on 03/27/06 21:15 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after owning 1990 Celica for 11 yrs. I had test drove the Solara, but I just fell in love with the style and handling of the 2001 Celica. It's a great car to drive, if you're small. It does ride like a sports car and can feel rough on the road.

Quick and nimble
By Scott on 12/23/05 21:00 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for almost a year now and it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. It is very quick and has excellent gas mileage. It can turn on a dime and can hang around a turn faster than most cars due to its sporty suspension. There are also a ton of aftermarket parts out there to make these cars the coolest and fastest on the road.

4th celica
By jeff on 12/12/05 12:20 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Celica. The quickest and best cornering. 1st was a 1977, then a 1985 GTS, and then a 1992 AWD Turbo. I have had this one 2 months and enjoy the 6 sp, the cornering, braking, styling, quickness, and fuel economy (~30mpg). Visibility is poor (blind spots), tight entrance in/out of car. Reliability questionable so far, although all covered by Toyota platimum certified program: cigarette lighter power unit, front speaker, fan belt tensioner, idle startup vacuum - have all needed repair. But the car is a blast to drive and with 6 gears there is always a sweet spot. Have not found the need to rev over 5000rpm -plenty of power below and the engine gets quite noisy.

Gonna get me a new one!
By Novia on 12/05/05 22:16 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '01 GT a few years ago and I know what everyone is talking about when they said it's a head turner. Mine was a preowned car so there are a lot of aftermarket things that were already on the car. I originally wanted a gts but for the options on this one and the price, I couldn't go wrong. I am now thinking i'm going to upgrade a year or whatever and get a GTS. There's a great one I'm looking at with the whole body kit! I'm hugely disappointed that they will no longer be making Celicas here in the states!

Fun little car-
By Paul on 10/04/05 13:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as my second car when my '95 Nissan Altima proved to be too much of a lemon. Love the seats and stereo. I have gotten many glances in this car, and the dark blue looks great at night. The engine could use a little more low end torque, and I would have enjoyed having a manumatic option on the transmission, as I could not get my hands on a decen manual.

Happy driver
By Brian on 09/27/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Besides having an appealing look the Toyota Celica has been reliable and affordable. I wanted a new car in order to avoid major repair costs and problems of a used car as most everyone else. With gas prices and car parts as high as they are I feel I made a wise decision.

sweet
By Alex on 06/13/05 10:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

nice design, wish it had a little more power. a little tight in the back seat, but expected on a coupe. good trunk space. abs should be standard. daytime running lights are the best thing ever! overall, great car. 94000 miles and counting...

Great car - Great GT-S
By Pete Q on 06/04/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in August 2003 with 11k on it. Its almost two years later and it has 27k. No major problems, every once in a while when its real damp out I'll have a belt chirp until the vehicle warms up. Gas mileage is always in the low to mid 30's, does require premium gas. Car handles great, accelerates nicely especially over 5800 RPM when she really gets going. So far, haven't received any tickets, thats because I've been lucky. This car is recommended for anyone who would to really enjoy to drive.

Transmission Problem
By Jenn on 04/27/05 15:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Celica 5 speed with 34 miles on it. I have never ragged on it. At 60,000 miles my transmission went out. Love the car, other than that, but you should not have to get a new transmission before you have to get a new clutch.