Not bad for the money
By bschram on
2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Ive only had it for three weeks but mileage has amazed me. There is a calculator in the trip meter that told me I averaged 24.2 but actual MPG came out to 25.8 all city. WIsh vehicle had a little more ground clearance and some of its plastic panels were a little more sustantial. Car has a fragile feel to it. Comfort, quiet, mileage and handling are very nice. Looked at the Sonata but Crest Hyundai scared me away with the paint, fabric and all the other add ons they wanted on top of the car price that you are always advised to stay away from. Toyota can thank Hyundai for me buying a Camry.
Favorite Features
Quiet, ride and MPG.
Suggested Improvements
Flimsy fender well and under panels. The front underpanels fell off the first day and had to return to dealer the next day for a temporary fix until replacement parts came in for repair. Noticed a couple of weeks later that left inner fender well still had a gap and was missing a few clips that hold the front lower bumper fascia on. Had some clips that worked and fixed myself better than other side. I guess all cars, to cut wieght, have much thinner panels than before. The car now feels fragile to me.
By bschram
on 07/15/12 10:05 AM (PDT)

Fragile front end. My SE still looks perfect except for a foot long crease in the front bumper from a barely moving bump in the front end. I will probably wait a year or so before getting it fixed because I am sure there will be a lot more damage in the next year because it is so weak. I would give this car a 10 out of 10 if it werent for this totally detracting downfall. As it is, I have to give it a 7. The Hondas I have owned prviously were a lot sturdier.