2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: I like it, but a step back?

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Review

I like it, but a step back?
By bagman33 on

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded by 2011 for the 2012 SE just because I wanted the newer style and technology. Bought fully loaded with push button start, leather, sunroof, dimming mirror, homelink, nav, entune, etc. I'm highly disappointed in Entune. Apps are horrifically slow. Pandora quality (even when set to high) is bad. It's better to bluetooth stream Pandora from my phone (iPhone 4S) Nav is REALLY bad. Wanted me to go 6 blocks around instead of 1 block forward. Toyota made some cuts that disappointed me as well such as the removal of power up/down passenger window, LED lighting (exterior) and what seems to be a cheap headliner.

Favorite Features

Love the new styling, inside and out. I seem to be getting slightly better gas mileage than my 2011 SE. Generally I get 24-26mpg (stop start driving to work 10 miles one way). On a trip from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh I averaged 36.3. Like that they added MPG info to the dash and entune system. I also like that the rear seats now go down in the 2012 SE as they did not in my 2011 SE.

Suggested Improvements

Entune and Nav needs some serious review and software update releases to current owners. Bring back LED lighting, auto up/down window. Make the seating area of the rear seat pop up so rear seats lay flat