2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Buyer's Remorse - Wind Noise

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Review

Buyer's Remorse - Wind Noise
By coreyd1 on

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded 2004 Camry SE i4 for 2012 Camry SE i4. Noticed some wind noise during test drive, but bought it anyway. Bad choice. The wind noise at interstate speeds is loud and annoying. Roof line is also closer to the head which makes it difficult for my 6ft plus body to lean out when trying to use an ATM machine or similar. Transmission braking likes to grab when slowing. Makes for some weird stopping sometimes. Power delivery from start is not very smooth. Steering as reported is vague. Visually appealing inside and out. Really like the new interior design.

Get rid of the wind noise.
By wiseoldfart
on 07/01/12 07:28 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2012 Camry LE and noticed a bit of wind noise and tire noise only on really rough road surfaces. I don't find either of these objectionable, even at 80 mph on windy days. No wind whistle and no rattles. Some individual cars may produce more wind noise than others. I have no way of telling. I'm still very happy with this car. I got one of the most perfect examples to ever come off the assembly line. Luck of the draw, I guess. There's not a thing wrong with it after 2200 miles. It hasn't used an ounce of oil and it's still almost as clear as it was at 50 miles. I was expecting a little oil use during break-in and got virtually none.