2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Transmission

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Review

Transmission
By delbar on

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

the worst car I have ever driven and I owned an 05 for 6 years. The transmission "jerks" the brakes bind the engine whines and overall the performance is terrible. Toyota claims there is nothing wrong with it but I say the 6 speed transmission is very bad.

none

fix the transmission !
By hmh1
on 06/07/11 08:24 AM (PDT)

I bought my Toyota in late January. I love the aloe green color and the tan interior. I HATE the transmission. It does not shift easily into another gear. It does shift roughly a lot of times. I think they could make some adjustments on that part of the car. It's just too rough. Also, the engine does have a whining sound to it.

By flbntz
on 01/01/12 17:54 PM (PST)

Apparently they fixed this for 2012. I have a 2011 as well. Doesn't bother me as much, but look at the reviews on this site for 2012 Camry: nothing about the transmission. I still like mine: just drove a 2012 Civic, liked, had a 1996 Civic I put 273,000 miles on, liked, but couldn't part with my Camry. Wish I could afford one of each! Still, I wouldn't mind seeing them put out a fix for our AT's, because evidently it was done for the 2012 model.

By suresht
on 06/20/11 13:19 PM (PDT)

same here, bought 2011 LE (Oct 2010, manufactured at Kentucky Plant Jul 2010). Transmission Jerks... Dealer is not ready to accept it and says it is normal. Even opened a case with Toyoto and still the same. 1. Problem is more severe during winter. First 2 miles is crazy jumping around and then it settles down. 2. Corners are always bad. 3. Up Hill slow climbing always have problems, transmission slipping. Been to dealer atleast 5 times, but they say everything is normal. This is my first Toyota and completely regretting it.

By bobw8
on 06/10/11 18:23 PM (PDT)

Glad it's not just me about the Transmission. Have had my 20ll LE for about one and a half months. At first it didn't bother me but now the constant awareness of transmission up shifting or down shifting concerns me. Love the car other wise but sure would like to see a "fix" for the transmission.

By unhappy56
on 05/29/12 11:05 AM (PDT)

Your Camry was Assembled in Kentucky. It was MADE in Japan, Mexico and China.