Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great car, great price, best fuel economy
By Joe

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to commute in and it has been a dream. I moved from a Lexus to the Solara so that I could have a cheap commuter vehicle. No compomises in build quality and getting 10 more mpg. I also like the fact that my Sirius radio fits in the space inside the dash. Rear of the car looks like a SC 430. Sweeet.

Favorite Features

I love the way this car looks and handles. Toyota quality all the way. No noises or rattles. Seats are comfortable and even has lumbar support. I piked the SE, 4cyl auto with aloys and a sunroof for under 20K. Can not beat that deal. Would buy again.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. The car looks and runs perfectly.

V6 Sport Owner in LA
By V6 Spt. in LA

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent acceleration off the line... Sequential transmission is extremely responsive. This car is very similar to its cousin (IS 300) by Lexus.

Favorite Features

225 HP V-6, sequential shift, and radio controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

300 HP V-6 would be nice with a six speed auto trans!

toy car
By Jan

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have several smaller quality issues with this car. Door not sealing correctly/wind noise/radio-control knobs sticking/carpeting not secured in place/truck not staying closed/consol compartment not staying closed/etc. With the reputation of Toyota, I am disappointed.

Favorite Features

Car handles very nicely, very good gas mileage and is fun to drive. The interior fits and is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

It would seem most of my problems with the car should have not gotten out of the build facility and certainly not out of the dealership.

Awesome Car!! A+ Vehicle!
By Ashy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara has simply exceeded my expectations. It's sporty yet luxurious at the same time with tons of backseat room for my passengers! I get compliments on this vehicle every single day. It's no wonder that Toyota is the #1 selling vehicle in America. Performance and ride quality can't be beat! A highly recommended vehicle.

Favorite Features

The audio control panel design is ahead of it's time. You jump inside and the interior pleases your senses.

Suggested Improvements

Honestly there is none in my opinion. Loving my car!!

Awesome must have.
By michelle

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a nice luxury car. I took some friends out this weekend. My girl friend and I sat up front and had the men sit in the back. My girl friends husband is 6'4 he's a former San Antonio Spurs basketball player he was so impressed with all the room in the back of my car. Sitting next to my husband they had nothing to complain about. For the 1st time the the laugh was on them. This is car makes it own statement. "Awesome"

Favorite Features

I enjoy all the up to date features. My car has it all. The heated seats are so awesome in the winter with the top down {wow.} 6 disk CD changer thats so cool. I no longer have to stop look around find a new CD. It holds all my music.

Suggested Improvements

No lie. I would'nt change a thing about my car. Maybe next time when I go in to the dealeship to get a newer modle, I would ask to have more color to choose from in stock.