2006 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Best car I have EVER had!
By Greg on 05/07/05 07:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2500 miles on my new Solara and it is a dream to drive. Handles like a luxury car and performs likes a sports car. It is elegant, and has beautiful lines. I especially like the controls on the steering wheel, you never have to take your eyes off of the road.

Solara
By connie winter on 05/06/05 18:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this convertible. It is fun to drive. Heads turn when they see it. Several people have said what a beautiful car. It is also a pretty, cosmic blue. It is a classy car to own and drive. I can't wait until the weather get warmer, so I can drive with the top down.

I love my Solara!
By Lady in Pink on 05/05/05 20:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car has a smooth ride. Lots of room inside, and the top goes up and down easily and smoothly. I had originally thought of buying an MR2 Spyder, but am glad I choose the Solara instead. Large trunk space as well for those weekend get aways. Handles well, and good gas mileage for the size of the car.

A True Convertible Driver
By Mary on 05/04/05 00:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third different manufacturer's convertible and it is by far my favorite. The room both inside the car and the trunk is excellent. I can carry 2 golf bags and a golf pull cart in the trunk even with the top down. It doesn't matter how tall the person in the driver's seat is. There is still plenty of leg room in the back. The DENSO navigation system is easy to use and extremely accurate. The drawbacks are 1) The boot is large and takes up alot of room in the trunk and therefore usually I leave it in the garage. 2)The seat heaters only have one setting. 3)The CD player only holds one disc if the car has a navagation system. 4)The passanger seat is not electric.

My Second Solara Convertible
By Marty on 04/30/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently went to pick up my wife's new 2005 RAV-5 and while I was there I happened to ask what they had in new Solara Convertibles. I was only a little over 2 years into my 4 year lease on the one I had but the 2006 was such a beautiful and well equipped car I couldn't help myself. We have had MANY Toyotas since 1993 and the only repair was a catylic converter one one. My 2003 Solara was a truly nice car but this one is so much more comfortable, better handling, powerful, and high in creature comforts I had to have it. I LOVE it. It is fun to drive, handles great from 25 to 95 mph, and I cannot believe all the unsolicited compliments I get with it - especially with the top down. Marty

Great way to get out of the SUV world!
By Tammy Thomas on 04/30/05 08:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I changed from an Expedition, this is the only way to make the switch from an SUV worth it. This car is completely fun to drive, great on gas and roomy enough for my two children and their booster seats.

The Solara SLE will blow you away!
By thetoolman on 04/28/05 22:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

No car is perfect but the Solara comes close. First the few cons: 1. If you are over six feet tall you will find the headroom tight especially in the rear. 2. The view out the rear window is poor. Other than that this car ROCKS! To have a smooth, powerful, reliable, beautiful loaded head turner of a car for under 27m is incredible. The interior is impeccable with high quality materials fit for the finest Lexus. Outside the car looks like the $64,000 Lexis SC430 except that it has a real back seat (roomy too!) and a big trunk. Go figure. The smooth powerful V6 is a joy to behold and the interior cabin seems soundproof. The SLE is loaded with features but the best feature is owning one.

I like this auto!
By John Holiday on 04/28/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This a very solid feeling and quiet running car. There was no cowl shake as others reported. I own two LS 400-430 cars and this car is as solid and nearly as quiet as these are. The visibility with the boot top in place was only fair but without the boot-top installed visibility was adequate!

Buy It!
By Jim on 04/22/05 22:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2 Maximas before the Sport Solara and this Solara is so much better than the Maximas. This is a great design. The black sport, V6 and sun roof is and awesome ride an really gets noticed. It's amazing that Toyota doesn't market these cars more... a great looking and performing ride for about $10,000+ less. This vehicle is a Lexus... Best vehicle I've ever owned.

Please address blind spots
By l young on 04/17/05 03:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

There are unavoidable blind spots in the back. It is very difficult to safely change lanes and see oncoming cars. Please also address the back windows to be opened independently on each passenger side. It is scary to drive and to teach a young driver in this car.,...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.