2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Would buy again!
By Frank on 10/07/08 20:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Soft ride, comfortable seats, fair gas mileage, not a road racer, great looking, not costly to run or own, the ladies love it with the top down, large trunk space, easy low cost upkeep, always starts, quiet as a convertible can be, 10 second top up or down, interior build quality is excellent.

I Love it !!!!
By toyota solara on 09/19/06 10:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutley love my car.... fun to drive it's a looker have had numerous folks come to me and ask how i like it... It's my first toyota and i look forward to it's longevity...

NICE CONVERTIBLE!
By CONVERTIBLE MAN on 05/02/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The lower-end priced "family" convertible market (adequate back seat) is limited to a select few: the two usual suspects are the Chrysler Sebring and Volvo C70. When you drive each, you wonder how the front end stays put when you run over anything but a newly-paved road. The Volvo is the "prettiest" convertible out there. But that ride is so disappointing. Which brings us to the Toyota Camry Solara. I don't know why they include "Camry" in the name, since you won't find it anywhere on the car. It's comfy, roomy, zippy, gets decent gas mileage, and VERY quiet with the top up. It has some body quiver, which results from it being a sedan with the top cut off, after-market.

Only OK -- Wouldn't Buy it Again
By Travelpro0104 on 11/15/04 14:29 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After the leaky roof was fixed two times and I still have to fix the hesitation with excelleration, it's an okay car. The 'tires for life' deal is a scam since it requires oil changes every 3,500 miles or the warranty is voided. The car looks great, but I want more than "a looker" to keep me happy.

Lexus at Half-Price!
By MikeinIL on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The exterior isn't similar to a lExus ... it is the same body, except for the badging.

Fun Car to Drive
By JLB on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful car! First converticvle since a Fiat Spyder nearly 10 years ago ... this one "feels" solid and muscular. Also glad to have Toyota quality and reputation. Drove it off lot not knowing mileage and have been EXTREMELY happy with > 30 mpg. Would buy this car again and wish I had done so sooner!

Convertible Solara - Great buy!
By Winchers on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had been searching for a convertible for the last two years. After much research, the Solara became the best for my money. Fantastic looking car, great fuel economy, rides smooth, and I just love it! You can compare this car with many of the more costly ones, and you will find that you can spend the money for this fabulous car, and think you are in the Lexus. It was a hard car to find, and people will stop me just to ask what kind of car it is. It is a head turner, and yet you can feel assured you didn't get gouged for riding such beautiful car. I purchased the Artic Frost.

I love my Toyota!
By mabteach on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I compared all the convertibles in the $22000 to $45000 catagory. I found the Toyota Solara Camry Convertible SE to be the best value for the money. The car has very low noise for a convertible with the top up, great fuel economy, plenty of power and it handles great on wet roads and curves. The car is not easily found. Very few Toyota dealerships have them in stock. There are so few of them on the road, when people see it, they don't know what it is. So far, I love my Solara!

Pre Mid-life Crisis FUN
By Marzee on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving Toyota automobiles since 1984. We currently own three other Toyotas. This is a fantastic car. It is a total blast to drive. Everyone stops to ask questions or comment on the car. It's one of the best looking cars on the road.

Great car
By round guy on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm probably older than the average purchaser BUT I love this car. Ease of operation,response and quality say it all. Very pleased with the ride and room inside.Obviously the rear seats are less than pleasant BUT the front is outstanding. Very nice ride...