Used 2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

2003 sle-v6
By rfa

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd solara slev6 i've owned (2001+2003).The only reason I traded the '01 was to get the heated front seats. For the money its an exceptional value.Across the US from coast to coast with never a problem and an average of 28 highway/23 city mpg. No maintainance issues.Do regular service and it runs like a Swiss watch.Quality is on a par with my friend's Lexus ES300,handling is actually not that much below another friend's BMW,at half the price. I will probably buy another

both cassette and cd players,I don't have to throw away my favorite tapes. 4 wheel abs disc brakes and traction control. proforms on 87 octane on problem

heated steering wheel and perhaps a better placed center arm rest,would be nice. paint seems very susceptable to stone chips. Bettter rear seat ventilation.

All is good except for brakes
By Nick G S

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I use brakes, the steering wheel shakes. I'm surprised Toyota Rotors wharped after just 10K miles!!! Have to fight with dealship now to get them to machine rotors (free of charge). Otherwise the car is pleasant.

always love a toyota!
By rswan

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. It gets great gas mileage,and it's a nice smooth ride. It's sporty looking with out being a sports car. this 4 cylinder has got plenty of pick up and go! It's a TOYOTA what more can you say!

I love it inside and out.

more leg room on the passenger side.

Hopelessly helpless in a Toyota Solara
By Barbb

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car since 6/2003 and started bring for repair service 7/2003. It has been serviced at Gateway Toyota, of Toms River, NJ 13 times in the last year. Anything that could go wrong, did, from tires already needing to be replaced, to most recent the catalytic converter falling off. My car currently has 22,000+ in mileage and I have a lawyer to claim lemon law. After all this Toyota wanted me to go thru mediation with a company they chose. Both Gateway Dealership and Toyota have been absolute helpless and actually made me feel like I was losing my mind. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!

The look of it. As I have learned looks aren't everything.

great car
By solara

Drives so smooth

smooth ride, styling, comfortable seats and the wood paneling

wood paneling on the center console to complete look, underpowered engine for the SE trim level,

• SUV