Used 2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Good for daily driver, but not a racecar
By atclate

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used last year, and I've been driving it daily. Quite reliable, especially because the engine has been used by Toyota for quite some years. However, since the engine is old technology, there are much more powerful engines and transmissions out there. Gas mileage is not good enough, compared to the new V6s out there. Automatic transmission is not responsive enough, loses power starting second gear. Interior is very comfortable though. Cannot find another car this soft and comfy except maybe American cars. Sound system is only better than average. Ride is floaty at high speed, suspension is comfortable but too soft for spirited driving. User features are limited.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Smooth acceleration. Quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

Larger armrest. Manual transmission for V6. Sports-tuned suspension. Steering wheel stereo control. Telescopic steering wheel.

Good Car
By Gary

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased with lots of miles. Car was a 1 owner with lots of TLC. Only complaints so far is the gas pedal sticks, and vibration in the steering wheel when applying the brakes. Overall very nice ride.

Favorite Features

6 disc cd player, interior layout.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota has to look into consumer complaints.

great car
By solara

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drives so smooth

Favorite Features

smooth ride, styling, comfortable seats and the wood paneling

Suggested Improvements

wood paneling on the center console to complete look, underpowered engine for the SE trim level,

Solara
By glam1

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Still chugging along at 120,000 miles. Reliable; no major repairs needed. Changed battery twice. Needed idle valve control cleaned about 5000 miles ago. Getting only about 20mpg, though.

Favorite Features

Probably burning a lot of fuel, but this car has enough power to zip me through traffic.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe move the trunk release to somewhere outside of the glove compartment. It is safe to have it in there, but I once locked my keys in the trunk and even AAA couldn't save me then.

Hopelessly helpless in a Toyota Solara
By Barbb

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car since 6/2003 and started bring for repair service 7/2003. It has been serviced at Gateway Toyota, of Toms River, NJ 13 times in the last year. Anything that could go wrong, did, from tires already needing to be replaced, to most recent the catalytic converter falling off. My car currently has 22,000+ in mileage and I have a lawyer to claim lemon law. After all this Toyota wanted me to go thru mediation with a company they chose. Both Gateway Dealership and Toyota have been absolute helpless and actually made me feel like I was losing my mind. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!

Favorite Features

The look of it. As I have learned looks aren't everything.