2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Not What I Expected
By Paula T on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned two Toyotas before this a 94 Camry and a 98 Avalon. This car was not built to the same standards. It was in the shop for six days in the first two months.

Better than a Seabring
By optus1 on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Compared to the Chrysler Sebring, Mitsubishi Eclipse and Ford Mustang, this car totally blows them out of the water in terms of comfort, ride, engine performance (V4). The car gives a very sporty driving experience without the ruff ride. The cabin is very spacious with plenty of leg room for rear passengers. The interior is very symmetrical and stylish, though lacking a sporty edge. The Solara provides a large trunk door with ample cargo space. Overall, this is the best car I have ever had the pleasure to drive. I would definitely by another Toyota in the future.

LUXURY WITHOUT ALL THE EXPENSE
By Baby-Doll on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Solara...what else can I say. I did not upgrade to the V6 because of finicial responsibility, but I am still trilled with the 4 cylinder. It has alot of pick me up compared to my 92 Accord. It feels like a V6 to me. Love the stereo....Go buy you one today!

Luv my Solara !
By SolaraMan2003 on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Starting engine not as instantaneous as American-made cars Iíve owned in the past. Is this typical on this kind of car? Handles quite well. MPG from 19/city to 28/highway (high-speed ~75mph, non-constant). I donít necessarily feel Iím in a ďluxuryĒ car, but you know youíre in a nice one. Cruise control kept constant speed, but I think it should have a second dash light for "engaged" as well as "cruise". Had the car at 100mph for 7 seconds on a straight, smooth tpke with 4 passengers and all thought the ride was quite smooth. They didnít think we were going that fast.

My Solara, the little red Ferrari
By Joeg243 on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Solara. My first was a 99 w/ 4cyl and stick(very rare find) in white diamond pearl with cloth oak interior. My '03 is an SLE/v-6 in red flame met. w/ ivory leather and every option available.The V-6 is quick and you would think you were riding in a Lexus if you didn't know that its a Toyota. I also have an "03 Tundra SR5 Access Cab.

Kelly's review
By kcshc on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my Solara and I would recommend it to anyone looking to purchase a new, classy yet still sporty, fuel effecient and reliable vehicle.

Excellent
By daku on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very good blend of sportiness,comfort

Wait for the 2004
By Mohammed Saieuertwie on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

OOPS. I bought my Solara about 1 month ago, and then I saw what the 2004 Solara will look like. Intro date is in August 2003. I'm sorry I didn't wait. It's a great car though

great
By moi on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fantastic car! Concumer Reports also recommends it, and the 2003 has better reliability that the 2003 Camry.

My fouteeth toyota
By robedixon on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Typical of all my Toyotas. Well built. Solid. User friendly. Dealer treated me very well. Had problem with brake rotors right out of the lot. Dealer came and got the car and replaced them without complaint. It is the first time in my purchasing Toyotas I have had a problem within the first 90 days so I am not disappointed.