2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Solara
By glam1 on 11/01/12 14:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Still chugging along at 120,000 miles. Reliable; no major repairs needed. Changed battery twice. Needed idle valve control cleaned about 5000 miles ago. Getting only about 20mpg, though.

Bad Blind Spot & Sound, No trunk release
By Thang Nguyen on 07/08/10 11:42 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Don't take me bad, I really like the car for both performance and exterior design. However, blind spot is really big problem, you should buy extra blind spot mirror. Don't trust advertised JBL sound system, I give a 6 on 10 scale. No trunk release inside the car, very inconvenient. Also, you can't read the sound system face plate when there is sunny because of the weird angle.

Good Car
By Gary on 03/07/10 07:33 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased with lots of miles. Car was a 1 owner with lots of TLC. Only complaints so far is the gas pedal sticks, and vibration in the steering wheel when applying the brakes. Overall very nice ride.

2003 Toyota Solara SE
By mreusser on 08/25/09 09:26 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed this car, it rides better than my 2001 Accord did. The only problems we have had is the bearings in one wheel went out. Other than that all we have done is replace the tires and have regular maintenance done.

I LOVE my Solara
By fifi on 05/28/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Solara brand new in 2003. It was the first brand new car I'd purchased in about 25 years. I would not change a thing about this car. I absolutely love the way it handles, the way it looks and the fact that I haven't had to do anything to it except regular maintenance. I intend to drive this thing until it falls apart. I am so happy I bought the 2003 model because I have been completely unimpressed with the newer body styles.

4 cyl Solara
By wes on 06/04/08 14:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth, quiet cruiser. 30+ mpg on the highway. Plenty fast, great styling, ruined in '04 models. Paint chips badly on hood - must be airflow or the hood angle - noticed on others.

Good for daily driver, but not a racecar
By atclate on 05/01/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used last year, and I've been driving it daily. Quite reliable, especially because the engine has been used by Toyota for quite some years. However, since the engine is old technology, there are much more powerful engines and transmissions out there. Gas mileage is not good enough, compared to the new V6s out there. Automatic transmission is not responsive enough, loses power starting second gear. Interior is very comfortable though. Cannot find another car this soft and comfy except maybe American cars. Sound system is only better than average. Ride is floaty at high speed, suspension is comfortable but too soft for spirited driving. User features are limited.

MY REVIEW
By EDLER on 08/03/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned and driven this vehicle for more then three years without any problem other than ordinary maintainance.

2003 Solara
By jvoelzow on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car for the money. i would recommend it to anyone and intend to buy a new one.

2003 sle-v6
By rfa on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd solara slev6 i've owned (2001+2003).The only reason I traded the '01 was to get the heated front seats. For the money its an exceptional value.Across the US from coast to coast with never a problem and an average of 28 highway/23 city mpg. No maintainance issues.Do regular service and it runs like a Swiss watch.Quality is on a par with my friend's Lexus ES300,handling is actually not that much below another friend's BMW,at half the price. I will probably buy another

1 2 3 4 5 next »