2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Fantastic Car
By addiesue on 12/09/12 05:05 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara in 2006 with 78,000 miles and it now has 242,000 miles on it. I have only replace the flex pipe on the exhuast,the driver side door window glide bar and the calipers on the front brakes total cost for parts so far is less than $500.00 it still runs great and get around 30-32 miles per gallon and burns no oil.I had a 1993 Lexus LS400 before I bought this car and it had 330,000 miles with no problems, so it also was a great also car.

First car I will drive to the ground
By Most reliable car on 07/20/10 07:19 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just realized today that I put 188,000 miles into my Solara. Normally I replace my daily commuter cars every 2-3 years , but that changed with my Solara. Every single time when I come back from business trip where I rent new cars and get back to my car's driver seat I fill that I own better car. It is my second car which I have almost no problem with ( another one was 1999 Pathfinder ). Only regular maintenance.

The best
By rallen on 04/13/10 18:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned over 50 cars over 35 years of driving. This is the best. Average 33 mpg no matter how I drive. Over 125,000 miles and no problems. None. This car is even better than my 1983 300td Mercedes.

Satisfied Customer
By Satisfied Customer on 04/13/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 82,000 miles. Have driven 5,000 miles so far. Typical Toyota, feels like a new car. Paint and interior still look like new. Even my 18 year old son (a Jeep guy) admits it really drives nice. Glad we bought it!

Great first car
By senioritis on 11/28/09 15:17 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had the car for about two weeks now. I'm 17 years old and am satisfied with this car. I wish I had gotten the v6, but the 4-cylinder engine has proven to be more economical, getting a lot of miles to the gallon. Wish that it came with 17 inch rims like the SLE models. But other than that, it's a great car.

I love my car
By jill on 09/27/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Solara for 8 yrs. Never had major problems with it. It just hit 100,000 miles and still love my car. People find it hard to believe that the car is 8 yrs old. Recently bought a 2010 Camry sedan. Usually, I get the new car and my husband drives the old car. Since I still love my car, I did not want to give my Solara up, so my husband is driving the new car.

Yippeeee
By Spirit on 09/21/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2002 Solara, I had always wanted a Solara but had a car so didn't need another one. Once my car hit rock bottom I purchased the Solara. It drives brand new, it handles the road with care, smoothly, gracefully. The person I purchased the car from took great care of it...no scratches on the exterior and the interior didn't look worn at all. As I write this review, the check engine light has came on so I'm going to my favorite mechanic to check it out, hopefully nothing expensive but the car is 7yrs old so I guess i can expect a little something. I will let you know if it was something major. Buy Toyota Solara!!!

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Ladylilu on 02/28/09 19:01 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car new and would've kept it until the wheels fell off, but a Dodge turned left in front of me and killed the car. But WOW, I can't believe how well my Solara did in the accident! She protected me well. I had the car for almost 6.5 years, 144,000 miles. Maintenance: Oil changes, battery and tires, brakes, tensioner, belts, catalytic converter (at ~135K), regular factory maintenance. Car was amazing. I miss it! I would trust the car to get me anywhere. 27mpg city (always), 30-32mpg highway (depending on if I was driving or my husband) :o). Buy one if you can!

Awesomely Surprised
By MNSargent on 11/03/08 18:27 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am surprised in the performance and most of all the gas mileage. I live in Los Angeles, my mom found this car in Hayward. I drove from Hayward to Los Angeles which was about 380ish miles I used a little more than a half of a tank. And still had enough to last me for the work weekend which ended it 500 miles to the tank. I have a lead foot so I was perhaps speeding. WOW. I like the V6 power and the sunroof. It is a fun car and I know Toyota are reliable. And I got the car under 65k miles so it is has a lot of life to go.

Fun, Reliable Car
By Kansas on 09/19/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara SLE new in July, 2002. Very reliable - I've put 70,000+ miles on it but have had NO mechanical problems whatsoever. Handles well - especially on curves. Average about 26- 27 MPG on highway. Handles very well in up to 6" of snow. V-6 has a lot of power. Overall fun car to drive!