Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Fantastic Car
By addiesue

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara in 2006 with 78,000 miles and it now has 242,000 miles on it. I have only replace the flex pipe on the exhuast,the driver side door window glide bar and the calipers on the front brakes total cost for parts so far is less than $500.00 it still runs great and get around 30-32 miles per gallon and burns no oil.I had a 1993 Lexus LS400 before I bought this car and it had 330,000 miles with no problems, so it also was a great also car.

First car I will drive to the ground
By Most reliable car

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just realized today that I put 188,000 miles into my Solara. Normally I replace my daily commuter cars every 2-3 years , but that changed with my Solara. Every single time when I come back from business trip where I rent new cars and get back to my car's driver seat I fill that I own better car. It is my second car which I have almost no problem with ( another one was 1999 Pathfinder ). Only regular maintenance.

Very quiet and comfortable. Reliability. 500 miles per tank range with 18G tank. JBL factory sound. Nothing is cheap about this car and at the same time it was built to be very simple mechanically.

I guess that car was made primarily as cabrio , so NO CABIN AIR FILTER in coup. Other than that car is great.

The best
By rallen

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned over 50 cars over 35 years of driving. This is the best. Average 33 mpg no matter how I drive. Over 125,000 miles and no problems. None. This car is even better than my 1983 300td Mercedes.

Everything

A little lacking in headroom due to sunroof.

Satisfied Customer
By Satisfied Customer

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 82,000 miles. Have driven 5,000 miles so far. Typical Toyota, feels like a new car. Paint and interior still look like new. Even my 18 year old son (a Jeep guy) admits it really drives nice. Glad we bought it!

4-Cylinder/Automatic has plenty of power, even in hilly terrain. Great fuel economy, good rear leg room for a coupe, quality look and feel. Quiet, good ride.

Better front seats, especially more padding on bottom cushions. Our 15 inch wheels are too conservative looking, 16 or 17's would be better. A wheel and tire upgrade might improve the ride/handling balance, but I am being picky.

Great first car
By senioritis

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had the car for about two weeks now. I'm 17 years old and am satisfied with this car. I wish I had gotten the v6, but the 4-cylinder engine has proven to be more economical, getting a lot of miles to the gallon. Wish that it came with 17 inch rims like the SLE models. But other than that, it's a great car.

Sporty style, roomy interior, quality handling and drive, great stereo system.

Greater acceleration power for the 4-cylinder, 17 inch rims for the SE model.