1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Can't Kill It!
By tallchris01 on 03/25/14 10:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

Replaced an older Camry with this car for it's reliability and rear seat legroom. I've had this car for 5 years/75K miles and it's 19 years old now. 216K miles on the clock. I've owned other cars that if you looked at them the wrong way they would break down. Not this one! I do all the basic maintenance myself. Running 100% gas I've done as good as 26mpg combined, and 29mpg hwy. Even on ethanol gas, I get 22mpg combined.

Solid Car
By runeye on 12/14/13 06:50 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I love this car. Got it in 2008 with about 80 K miles and it still runs strong even at 170 K miles. The only change I made was a busted flex pipe in 2012. Interior is sketchy but large enough to fit 5 average sized adults. Trunk space is superb. Performance is good for a older car like this, acceleration is great with PWR ETC engaged and overdrive off. Maneuverability is surprisingly active even at highway speeds. And this car can keep up with those low end luxury sedans which try to embarass you like Mercedes C class 250, BMW 5.

410K and still running
By tnt12 on 03/19/12 13:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

Still running great. Getting ready to change the timing belt and maybe water pump, if needed. I am pushing for 500k by end of 2013. I drive about 50k/year.

Love the Avalon
By concordenerd on 02/05/11 08:43 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I love the Avalon. 1995 and has 150,000 miles and drives like new. A very good car.

206,000 mile Bang for the Buck!
By Seemyad on 08/13/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

What a car! I bought my Avalon used just over 100,000 miles. I have driven through the Rocky Mountains, Montreal Canada, hail, rain, sleet, snow, and perfect weather. I have driven from Fresno CA to Oklahoma City four times in one year. I have driven from Lincoln NE, to Fresno, to Biloxi Mississippi, to Washington DC, Burlington VT, to Montreal, Chicago (in that order). The 6 cylinders offer great response and 30 MPG on the highway. The ride is smooth. The car and trunk are roomy. It even carries a real spare tire! Reliable is an understatement. My dark green paint job looks great too! Great car for the $6500 I paid for it 5 years ago! Need a new O2 censor and my leather seat is worn.

Outstanding oldie
By PeterG on 02/02/09 20:04 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car a month ago for 2K, and for an old vehicle it has held very well. I hope that it will continue to give good service. The only thing not working is the stereo and clock. Runs great and is giving me an average of 25 mpg.

A good faithful car
By Cubsmom on 09/12/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I love my Avalon. It's roomy inside and has ample trunk space. It would be a good car for a student to have. It's reliable and gets about 23 MPG city. It's certainly not flashy in any way, but mine has some nice features like an electric seat adjuster and a moon roof. It's more responsive than my husband's SUV and it has a nice smooth ride too. So maybe this car isn't a fancy flavor like Rocky Road, It's vanilla, but I can live with that.

Amazing car
By hartdykes on 11/24/06 05:19 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

Salvaged, high miles, and it's the best car I have ever owned. After owning this car nothing else comes close. It has a great ride and is very comfortable on long trips. Easy to install aftermarket audio.

High miles, salvaged, and a great car
By hartdykes on 11/20/06 11:08 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I'm 19 and in 2004 I bought a salvaged 95 toyota avalon from a mechanic in phenix city alabama. The car had 178,000 miles and was salvaged and was rebuilt with used parts. I love this car and I have had no problems with the car and I will be the first to admit I'm not very good when it comes to taking care of a vehicle, The car has dents, its been rearended several times and has been keyed on several occasions, yet it's still going strong and taking long road trips. The only complaint I had with the car was the speakers and tape player and I replaced those the first week with a Alpine cd player, roady XM radio (OnA202) plus new pioneer speakers. Well that's my review on this awesome car.

Great car to own
By bill_lee_3 on 11/21/05 17:50 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

Excellent car to own and drive. it had over 150000 miles and didnt have a single problem.