Used 2007 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Little Work Horse
By presently

2007 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a remarkably reliable car. I've got 142k miles on it now. After 130k I had to have the catalytic converter changed ($1500 at Suzuki, but I got it done for $600 at Meineke), but that's the only part failure other than standard maint. items like brakes, tires and batteries. Great cargo capacity and hard to match without going to a mid-size SUV. Comfortable and quiet to drive. Currently running Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires on it and they're awesome and quiet. I also put a hitch on it and use it to pull a 4' x 8' utility trailer, so that's like having a pickup on hand when I need it.

Favorite Features

I bought this car for the safety features: All-wheel drive, stability control, airbags, traction control, anti-rollover. 4-wheel anti-lock brakes are more important on ice than the AWD is. The official Suzuki bike rack for the roof is very well made and lightweight--very easy to put on and take off.

Suggested Improvements

Heater gets too hot in winter. I have to really turn it down low.

Watch out for Trans Problems
By biklover52

2007 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought this car in 09. At first she liked it very much. Mileage is not great around 25 on the highway. We took a couple longs trips and that's when you notice how small it is inside. Through town or back and forthe to work is ok. Around the 70k mark the trans mission went out and we had it replaced under warranty. We at about 85k the trans went out again. So we dicided to get ride of it before anything else went wrong. Suzuki told us this was very unusual and worked with us through all of it. We might purchase another one but not sure.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and easey handling, my wife is a good fit she is only 5'1" and around 110 lbs.

Suggested Improvements

Look into the transmission problems or train your dealerships on how to repair the vehicle properly

This car seems nice - buy another
By britton.peddie

2007 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Suzuki of America is out of money and time, When I took my vehicle in for a warranty related repair, the dealer, who DOES NOT SELL SUZUKIS - told me they required a $1000.00 dollar deposit before they WOULD EVEN LOOK at the repair. This car is crap and they should go away [violative content deleted] where apparently they do OK selling crap product to uninformed individuals.

Favorite Features

really bad support

Suggested Improvements

[violative content deleted]

The little blue monster still going.
By lorenzo menendez

2007 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My last review was on 6-2-2009, the vehicle has 38,000 miles with original tires, apart from regular maintenance, no mechanical problems at all, brakes are still the originals. People are still asking about the vehicle and its performance. Recommend it to anyone that wants to buy a small reliable and cheap cross over station wagon type. If you want it to have more power and burn front tires get a tornado.

Favorite Features

Looks, reliable, gas saver (with the K&N filter and tornado air intake).

Suggested Improvements

bigger gas tank.

Very Happy
By docellis

2007 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After driving a 2000 Suzuki, Baleno, 4x4 Wagon in Russia for 7 years without any problems, we decided to give Suzuki our business again when we moved to the USA. The one which caught our eye was the SX4. We purchased the last 2007 on the lot. Immediately we were getting very good gas mileage with highs as much as 38 mpg. Around town usually we get 29.7 on the average. We take very long trips with our work and always end up rested and with gas money still in our pockets. In snow we have not lost traction even one time. The 2WD, AWD and Four Wheel Drive options are great. We have 56,000 already without a hitch. I would buy again and recommend this car to any one.

Favorite Features

The 2WD, AWD, and Locking 4X4 is a great option. The seats are very comfortable. Sporty style gets a lot of attention. Folks at the gas pump often ask me how I like my SX4.

Suggested Improvements

The front window column blocks your vision on sharp mountain curves, but not extreme, just a little annoying. Would love to have a larger gas tank. Dealership accessibility is a problem in our area.