Used 2005 Scion xA Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Love it but mileage is bad
By George

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Scion: Style, audio, interior, exterior and its ride. I am not happy with the mileage. Has gotten as low at 25mph and no more than 32. That is the reason I bought it. It seems through all the reviews that all the others are doing great on mileage. Other than the mileage it is a great car. I hope the mileage changes with time.

Everything.....really neat car.

MILEAGE!!!!!!! Get up and go needs improved!!

Cost effective excellent performer
By Chris Thomas

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

From a commuting standpoint, I find the 2005 Scion xA to be an excellent performer. The basic vehicle comes with many desirable features (AC, CD/MP3 player, etc), and the no-haggle buying is nice. The automatic transmission is very sluggish until the engine warms up, particularly around 30 mph where it tends to stick in a low gear while struggling at high RPMs. This is definitely not a car to haul people around in - adults in the back seat will feel some discomfort; however, there is a lot of room for carrying other things.

Very roomy, and I like the high seating. Whenever I drive a more typical car now, I feel like I'm practically on the road. Great fuel efficiency - I regularly get between 36-40 mpg.

Cruise control! It's not even an option. Better steering wheel mobility - I find that the wheel is too far away for comfort, forcing me to choose between leg or arm cramps. The owner's manual could be more inclusive.

What is this...open mike?
By Angela

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car can turn on a dime! Power transmission and small wheelbase. Get the manual- it has decent pickup and reviewers say that the automatic is sluggish...I find that this manual is more powerful and responsive than the 91 Honda civic htchbck manual that I used to have... Seats are very comfortable, car sits up higher than Hondas do. A mountain bike and drumset will fit in the back with the seats down; however, 4 bags of groceries and you have to put the seats down! Speedometer is located in a bad spot (center) have to look away from the road to see it.

Seats, external appearance, textured dash, extra leather steering wheel

Move the speedometer to the driver's side.

Love my Scion!
By Julianna

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion has been fantastic! No mechanical problems at all, and it is a blast to drive. I love the way it looks, and we have plenty of interior room. My 60 yr old sister went out and bought one last month and she loves hers as well.

The small size...my anti-SUV! I like the extra headroom and upright seating, too.

Could be a little zippier...I sold my VW TDI Jetta for this, and miss the acceleration of a diesel engine! It also likes around town driving best, which is how we drive it 99% of the time.

Luv It
By MizzTee03

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my Scion xA. What more can I say. When I sat in it I knew it was the car for me!!!! I love the design and it is great on gas. I would suggest anyone looking for a new csr to get a xA.