1991 Pontiac Sunbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunbird model:
snubird gt 1991
By mrsunbird91 on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird GT 2dr Coupe

i baught my 91 sunbird gt in 1991 i like it verry much espechaly the 3.1 engine lots of power :) i put 4shocks and 1alternator in this car since i had it now i have 213 000km on it and it stil does 120mph :P the only thing i dont like on my car is the interior design its poor

2029
By 2029 on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best car to own.....

not reliabile
By Pontiac Driver on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird GT 2dr Coupe

I got my poniac because I really liked the outside look!!! I have had my 91' poniac 2 door coupe for about a year 1/2 now and i have to say I haven't had any major problems, but i constantly keep having minor problems. I never can go far because I never now if it will make it there and back!!! I have had problems with the fuel intake, running hot, battery cord, fan doesn't want to kick on, airconditioner fan doesn't blow, can't unlock the left door, radio doesn't work, and a whole bunch of interior problems-lights never want to turn off and cheap, cheap, quality inside!!!

Power yes!! Reliability no!!
By Sunbird owner on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird GT 2dr Coupe

This car is great fun to drive, but it seems like every time I would go for a rode trip it would break down. At 195,000 km I've gone through 5 alternators, 3 starters, 2 set's of shocks, a water pump and many other things are just falling apart.

Sunbird satisfied owner
By gt_mikeman on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Sunbird GT 2dr Coupe

My 'bird Gt has treated my well it has 170000miles on the original motor with no rebuilds. It doesnt burn oil and still beats new cavaliers and sunfires and almost any honda. The fuel millage is ok. The ride it rough, but i love driving this car. The 3.1 5speed combo is great.