2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Grand Prix GT
By swimminomar on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have just purchased this car about 3 months ago. After these 3 months I have found the Grand Prix very exilerating and enjoyable to drive. While it is also very flashy and a powerful car with a great build and excellent fuel efficiency!

Love this vehicle:-}
By RAMS on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Thusfar, the only negative experience I have had are window rattles and the poorly designed trunk webbed gate which rarely holds items in place.

2001 GT 4DR in Canada
By Rogue on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

2001 GT 4dr. 32000 kms (T.O. Canada) So far the car has been performing pretty good. Only finding minor squeaks. Other than that car is very responsive and fun to drive. Performes excellent in highway driving but, city dirving eats too much gas.

Nothing Beats a Pontiac
By brian0299 on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I started with a 1997 Pontiac Bonneville which was an excellent car, however because of my age decided I needed something sportier, but I was impressed with Pontiac so I went to the Grand Prix GT(for the 3800 engine) which was my best move.

2002 Grand Prix GT
By Matt Terpstra on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

the grand prix gt is an awesome car! it's a blast to drive and has great looks. the 3.8L V6 delivers plenty of power and torque.

I'm hooked. But not Sold!!
By Mak on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I rent the GrandPrix just about every other weekend. I love this car. It is fun to drive and has fabulous acceleration. I would love to buy one. However, tend to keep a car for more than 5 years and Ponitac's reliability is unproven. (read professional reviews as well as these) I do not trust the car's alternator, starter, or power train (transmission). I would definately recommend renting one and possibily leasing one for 2 years or less. If you buy get rid of this car at the 2 to 3 year mark, let somebody else be the case study for Ponitac. As soon as a see many 8 to 10 year old Grand Prixs driving around I might buy one.

Great Car
By somork on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Excellent acceleration and power. Tight handling. Very coforatable. A blast to drive!!

Great value for the Price
By Devnek on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Has all the features that I wanted in a larger size car. Has great pick-up and leg room (I'm taller and drivers side leg room in many cars leave a lot to be desired).

What a Car!!!!
By needs a sunroof on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Its a great car but it would be better if I had gotten a sunroof!

Love my GP
By MarcelF on 03/08/02 19:01 PM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very fun to drive. No problems with get up & go. The 3800 V6 uses regular gas and I get 23-25 MPG here in Phoenix, and have gotten up to 32 MPG on long highway trips. Heads Up display should be standard on cars, I've found that it's vary useful. Bose sound system sounds great. No problems yet, 15,000 miles into vehicle life. Great car for the money!