Used 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

1990 GP SE 314k and counting
By ThosL

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Originally purchased with 132,000 - currently has 314,817 miles. Its on its 2nd water pump! The original got me to 313,000. Have replaced the IAC Valve, Alternator, BRAKES,Got 150k on my last set of tires. Its a tight car. Excellent road car unless you are a passenger. Car has the console mounted compass. My tip is to use Synthetic motor oil and the BEST filter you can get. I change the oil every 6k miles, but once went 16k. Had one wheel bearing replaced. Overall a great car.

BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best I ever Owned
By Rainmaker371

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I have had many cars in my day, but my 90 Pontiac Grand Prix is the best I've had. She had 20000 miles when I bought her and now 12 years later and only 165000 I haven't spent hardly anything on her. Total since bought is: replaced alternator, replaced engine gaskets, 4 tuneups, 1 set brakes, 3 sets tires and thats it. Still running original clutch and exhaust. Wish I could find a new one as good. I'll keep her until she or I die, whichever comes first.

Gas milage is excellent. Very comfortable to ride in.

None

Old and solid
By The Mann

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

The Grand Prix has been a very good car. It's very solid for 180,000 miles. Only did an alternator and tie rods, tune-ups,that kind of thing. Good runner and very quiet. Good mileage with a stick. Aging very gracefully and never a surprise.

Solid, tight body for high mile GM car. Quiet/no wind noise. Old car still gets looks. Good quality clearcoat paint on mine (gray).Decent power.

Somewhat poor rear visibility; parts of interior are gaudy/Cassette holder just weird looking. Surprisingly wide turning radius.

224000 miles and stil going strong
By bfdaddy

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 98 with 130000 on the clock, just hit 224000 last week and it is still the most dependable fun to drive car I have ever owned. looking forward to 300000 mile mark.

Best Car I ever owned
By travis371

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 10 years. Bought it with 22,000 miles and it now has 160,000. It has been driven all over the US, including Alaska where I bought, it with minimal expense. I have never had a car that performed this well.

It is a very comfortable ride and the 5 speed transmission helps make it easy on gas. It has the original clutch still going strong.

None. If only cars today were built this good.