Used 1991 Plymouth Voyager Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Plymouth Voyager - Consumer Reviews

1991 Plymouth Voyager Minivan

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:

Turning the workhorse out to pasture
By Steven Lian

1991 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

I have owned this van since 1992 and used it as my primary vehicle until a year ago. It has 238,000 miles and the motor does not burn oil and has never been opened up. I have replaced the transmission once, the shocks once, and other repairs such as water pump and gaskets. It has the heavy duty towing package and I towed a boat across country when it had 200,000 miles. I will sell it when my wife buys a new car this year. Not because it has a problem but because we have too many cars. What a great van it has been! I will be sorry to see it go.

Favorite Features

Cheap transportation, dependable, and has hauled lots of stuff including rocks.

Suggested Improvements

Everything has been improved over the last 14 years, its too late for this one.

1991 Plymouth voyager LE
By Chesterhorse

1991 Plymouth Voyager Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

I have put 60+ thousand miles on this van. it has been very dependable. I think it is a better can than the newer ones as far as gas milage go and as far as holding up. I have towed my small boat with it and it has done great. to bad I am growing out of it. I now have 8 in the family and have to use it as the 2nd car. I have a suburban for the family hauler.

Favorite Features

Power - great power for a van. Fuel efficiency - can get between 20 and 26mpg.

Time to dock this thing. Seriously.
By heels over head

1991 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

We have had this car for many years and from day one it has been a lemon on wheels. We know the previous owners quite well, and they bought it new. This car is inherently unreliable. Since the day we bought it, it has had it's problems and we have taken it to the dealership and to a mechanic many many times and has cost us a fortune. We probably spent more money than the amount we paid for it just trying to keep it working. A few weeks ago, the van wouldn't let my daughter put it in park in the garage. DRIVERS BEWARE. It's a big hunkin mass of metal on wheels.

Favorite Features

The sound of chickens squaking in the back while driving, comfy chairs, boring and strenuous to drive. Nothing is luxurious about this baby.

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING. Don't purchase this car unless it's the last car on earth and it was your only choice. I would rather ride a donkey through town.

Versatility
By COLONEL ROBERT FREIT

1991 Plymouth Voyager Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

I can't say enough good things about this workhorse. It is a plain Jane but very dependable in all kinds of weather. I have over196,000 miles and although I have had a major overhaul of the engine, radiator, and alternator, it has proven to be a dependable and versatile vehicle. It continues to look good with its annual exterior wax job. I enjoy it so much that I just purchased a new Chrysler Limited van and I'm keeping this olde but goode. Chrysler makes the best minivan on the market!

been good to me
By G. Ricci

1991 Plymouth Voyager Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

purchased new,problems with the computer at 6 months dealer replaced, never had another problem,got extended warranty, used once, the dealer found some problems with the flex brake hose's said before it goes out of warranty do the brakes all around.Driven every day from new and never had a problem till 2002 always did the maintenance on this van,in ten years we had to do the transmission and replace a oxygen sensor Other than regular maintenaince this van has cost about 1500.00 can. for ten years. there is some minor things it needs now doing the timing belt/shocks/passager door is sagging now, little things plan on driving this van for another 5 years

Favorite Features

good lookin van for the year,roomy,its a LE thats great.

Suggested Improvements

l know others had problems with thier transmissions early in the life of the van