Used 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Voyager model:

Old mini
By Pbag

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

Funny, when I read some reviews of 94 Grand Voyager many have transmissiom problems at around 45k to 60k's miles. I do not have any problem with my transmission yet, right now it has 202,000 original miles on it! Its still going strong!

None

Need better exterior paint job

Still running at a quarter of a million
By Chapappler

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE 3dr Minivan

We've put 200 of the 250k miles on this van and we have no complaints. The engine is the 3.8 liter, and it's plenty powerful. The transmission lasted us 200k, a/c needed work, but what do you expect with that much use? It's with reluctance we plan to get a new (used) van, probably my daughter's Mazda MPV. This is without a doubt the most faithful van my wife has ever driven. She loves it, and trusts it. It has all the bells & whistles, and they still work. It's just getting old, and things are wearing out. Radiator this week, who knows what next? This van will go down in our family hall of fame as a great vehicle!

Captains chairs; powerful engine; electronic toys (temp, compass, miles to empty, etc.). Lots of room.

None come to my mind.

Solid overall performer
By Dude

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

Bought this van new and it had it's share of problems, but most of them happened within the 70K mile warranty period. Tranny failed at 45K, but rebuilt has been great since. Since the warranty ran out, the van has been great! It's very nice to drive especially on trips/vacations. It's a pleasure on the highway and gets better mileage as it gets older. Performance is excellent for only 162 hp. Lots of low end power. I now have 134K miles on it and the engine stil purrs. The 3.3 liter engine is a sound engine. I wish I would have gotten the captains chairs. The center bench is not very comfortable and does not have head rests. Overall, I have been very pleased with this vehicle.

Fun to drive on trips. Low end power with decent fuel economy. Usefulness of design.

Reliability, especially of the transmission should be better. Head rests are needed on the back seats.

Not the whole package
By Eagleeye

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE 3dr Minivan

This is a well designed vehicle from a comfort standpoint, but one with engineering design and manufacturing flaws that are exasperating. We had to replace our transmission at about 40,000 miles. This has been a common problem that Chrysler has never seemed to fix. The paint peeled off of the roof really early. Goop (too much sealant) ran from the windows. Clothes hooks broke, the tape player broke; the front speakers need to be replaced. The remote entry devices in the door broke. On and on. It made me worry for Detroit's future against foreign competitors.

Captain's chairs were very nice. The optional computer compass, distance til empty, temperature guage were very nice. The Infinity sound system was very nice when it worked. Good cupholders.

Improved engineering for transmissions is the key one. Many items broke prematurely. I believe they were poorly designed. Overall quality control was poor and needs to be improved.

jusJUST KEEPS ON GOING
By JEFF

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3dr Minivan

I bought this van used with 100,000 miles. It know has 191,000. Yes, I have replaces the norm tires, struts shocks bearings, breakes, rotors, tie rods, even the front anti sway bar snapped. I have also replaced the starter and most of the a/c componants. The van still has a ok apperance (some rust)But heck I put on 35,000 a year. I only paid $4,200 and have invested $1,800 in keeping it safely mechanicly sound. The only thing I dont like is the 3.3 engine & trany leak. But with 191,000 its cheaper to pour than to repair. I toe a 3300lb boat and snowmobile. it does all I need. This is my third chrysler mini van. And yes I would buy a 4th.

electric rear vent window

rear seats are to damn heavy