2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:
One of the Best Vehicles I've Owned
By miker63 on 12/05/13 11:55 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Premiere 4dr Minivan

Bought our 2000 used in 2010 with over 150,000 miles on it. Has made several long, out of state trips and is our primary in town ride. I've replaced battery, starter, idle control valve, belt and tensioner, tailgate lift cylinders, and rear air shocks. Took to dealer for a bad crank speed sensor wiring harness - $600 total repair. All reasonable repairs for a vehicle this age. Love the space and seats. Excellent fuel economy. Nice driver. Solid overall construction. Has been a reliable and very good van for hauling kids to ball games, moving music equipment, and everything else!

Best vehicle I ever owned
By Deloris Kotowske on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan GLS 4dr Minivan

Love my Olds Silhouette and would buy another one if they were still making them. I tell everyone how absolutely wonderful this vehicle is. Economical on gas, comfortable for traveling and my grandkids love riding in it. Easy to get into and out of which is an especially nice feature for older folks and those with certain back problems. No tugging to pull yourself up and out of the seat to exit the vehicle. Plus ease of motion to get into the vehicle. What a shame this awesome vehicle has been dis- continued. I have about 128,00 miles with nominal repairs. What a blessing financially that is in this day and age with repair bills soaring out of site. Fantastic mode of transportation.

First Lemon I have owned
By Terri on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Premiere 4dr Minivan

I like the drive, room, features, etc. and it ends there. I have owned this van for 8 years and this is what has gone wrong above regular maintenance issues: front windshield wipers - never worked properly, power windows - have to hand pull the windows up, fuel gauge broken, heated seats died after three years, problems with automatic sliding door, tires always going flat - the list goes on and on. I spent $4,000 in fixes last year alone. The best I can get for it on trade is $1,500. Not impressed.

The best car I have ever owned
By MMman2 on 03/15/10 18:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan GLS 4dr Minivan

I bought this van in year 2000 and its been a very good ever since then. I used it for my big family of 6 kids, and now they are not here any more and now just have 3 kids. It was very good on road trips and daily communicating, it got pretty good gas mileage also. Had to buy another motor for it but it now has over 250,000 miles on it. However, this car is not safe at all. But It has been a good van and the best car i have ever owned.

Need suv, don't want to sell Olds
By Jason on 02/28/09 08:14 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan GLS 4dr Minivan

We bought our Silhouette with 67k on it and now have over 120k miles. I heard these vans were trouble when I bought it. All I can say is it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I like everything about it except cupholders between the front seats which get stepped on then break. To date I have not had to to any repairs at all but have kept up on the preventative schedule. I tow a 3500 lb boat medium distances and this van tows great but lacks 4 wheel drive. The driver heated seat quit working though at 100k. I really need a 4x4 but I hate to see it go. A tip, I put a $1 bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the gas one time and the power increase was huge.

The cadillac of minivans
By Lovin it so far. on 02/07/09 11:16 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan GLS 4dr Minivan

My wife and I bought this minivan to help with our problem of fitting too many kids into our old autos. For a minivan it has some punch, gets comparably great gas mileage, and our minivan though it has 111,000 miles rides as smooth as the day it was bought i suspect. The interior was well thought out though, I find that the cup holders are in some odd places. all in all pretty happy with our purchase. 3600 out the door at the local dealership with a tank full of gas and an oil change.

Highly satisfied - great vehicle
By K. Buck on 06/07/08 16:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Premiere 4dr Minivan

Excellent vehicle to own. Never had any problems with it. Completely reliable. Excellent gas mileage. Built in entertainment system has been great for the kids and allows them to use game systems.

powerful van
By lovethevan on 05/22/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Premiere 4dr Minivan

I purchased this van used it was nice and loaded leather captain seats vcr very comfortable and stylish. Had some front end work sensors replaced, back shock problems driver window recall on sliding side door head gasket leakage cylinder head going radiator coolant problems. was told not to repair but trade in for another vehicle. i do not want to get rid of this van. I love driving it. The gas mileage could be better.

love my olds van
By powell on 03/25/08 19:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan GLS 4dr Minivan

Except for problems with the rear wiper, we have not experienced any major repairs. Some of the interior trim is a little on the cheap side for the top of the line olds. But I love my van and hope it last for awhile

Not Worth It
By greg on 02/05/07 20:13 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Premiere 4dr Minivan

My Oldsmobile Silhouette had constant electrical problems. GM would not stand behind its defective intake manifold gasket problem despite a service memo noting the design issue. Is is any wonder Olds went down and GM sales are poor.