2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
A little trouble expected
By reviewer17 on 07/03/14 09:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

With 2 kids now and carpooling I needed something with a third row. I love it because it's not totally huge but the inside (even the third row) is very roomy. I especially like the second row folds forward even with car seat in it. We got the car in Dec of 2012. We got one of the first ones in our state and When we got there they were still cleaning it up and saw them taking stickers off some of the interior that said Infiniti on them. Yes this platinum addition has the interior of a luxury car/SUV . Now on performance. The car drives great!!!! I have had the car a year and a half and have over 10000. I have had zero issues except for the recall on airbag and brakes.

Beware
By krismac on 05/16/14 17:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have major issues with my transmission at 11,000. Also still have extra travel while braking on uneven surfaces (city roads) and that is after recall

CVT Software Glitch Results In Drivetrains Replacement. .
By richard194 on 04/23/14 17:32 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When I bought the 2013 Pathfinders, like any new owner I was thrilled. . Unfortunately there were a few things that I id not understand. So when my pathfinder began shuttering and shaking at 900 miles, I contacted customer service who referred me to the local dealership, who with all of there up-to-date computer diagnostic could not fit the problem. Fortunately, Nissan already understood the problem before I bought the car. "Faulty Software & the Service Campaign" Whereby the owner brings in the vehicle multiple times exhibiting the same problem, and nissan replaces the entire drivetrain. Thats right. . Faulty software that can not be changed, that ends up damaging the CVT on its own. .

No repair parts available
By jcove on 04/01/14 17:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2013 Pathfinder was rear ended with damage to the driver side rear quarter panel. Pathfinder has been at the Nissan body shop for six weeks waiting on the quarter panel. The insurance company has ok'ed ( without my knowledge) the shop to repair the damaged sheet metal rather than continuing to wait on the rear quarter panel. When contacted Nissan consumer affairs on assistance with rental car reinbursment and or possible making a payment due to the lack of repair parts. I was told the part was on national backorder. no assistance on the rental nor the payment. Nissan customer service has slipped from what it used to be as I have owned 8 other Nissans. This will be my last one !!!!!

Starts with "L" ends with "emon"
By mpom on 01/15/14 19:05 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2013 Nissan pathfinder has had transmission problems for months and I have repeatedly given Nissan the opportunity to fix it and have had the transmission replaced once. Yesterday it stalled in the middle of an intersection with traffic coming in both directions and my two children in the car. I will not drive this car again. I paid $43,000 for a car I am afraid to drive or put my children in. Nissan needs to correct these problems and stop putting people at risk.

Pass on the Pathfinder
By aposak on 01/14/14 03:19 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

At least until the transmission issues with stuttering and surging are sorted out, avoid this one. The storage spaces are poorly thought out, can't get the glove compartment open if there's a passenger in the front. The center console screen is confusing and low quality. No Bluetooth music connectivity unless you spring for navigation, and the Bluetooth phone is really noisy.

Dissponted Owner
By ckone2030 on 12/29/13 06:45 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car in June 2013 because i liked the style and had owned Nissan in the past. First week already had some transmission rattling issue, in which Nissan still does not have a solution. In 6 months already have 2 recalls. And most recently the front bumper cracked for no reason. The expert in the bodyshop said that material is very flimpsy and would crack easily. Terrible experience with this Pathfinder and this maybe the last Nissan I will ever buy.

Fun ride
By nerdbasher on 11/12/13 10:51 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have had it for a month now. We had a 4 hour trip to see family and with a head wind for much of it still got just over 24 MPGs! We can slide the second row back so our two kids in car seats don't kick the back of my seat. Getting nieces and nephews into the 3rd row is nice because you can just slide the middle row up even with a big carseat! The transmission was a concern, lots of people moaning and groaning there. It feels different, BECAUSE IT IS DIFFERENT.The "stutter" described is likely just a result of inconsistent pressure on the gas when accelerating. I have tried to get the tranny to act up and if I press down, then let up then press down again it "transitions" gears but no prob

close one
By seeme on 11/08/13 09:07 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After taking the SUV home I was over joyed . After about 300 miles I noticed a a shutter when the gas pad was applied lightly and it disappeared as the suv 's speed reached about 35 mph..My dealer Sutherlin Nissan was wonderful..They put a new converter as per the mother company"s policy and on the way home about 10 miles, the problem was still there.. I called them and they then took it to the next step and ordered a new tranny. Since then two long trips and 7000 miles on the Suv and now after owning this Suv for three mths,,I give it 4 1/2 stars overall..Sutherlin Nissan of fort myers fla gets 5 stars and they also give a lifetime warranty at no add.charge on the drivetrain. Very nice SUV.

Transmission Problems with no fix
By mpom on 11/08/13 05:25 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2013 Pathfinder in Nov of 2012, it began having the "shudder" fairly shortly after but I didn't acknowledge it for a while. As it continued to worsen, I brought it to the dealers attention. I was told they were aware but did not have a fix for it. I continued to mention it every time I brought the car in for service. I was finally told to call Nissan which is a joke. They sent me back to the dealer who has told me that for their protection they must be very careful with how they handle it. What about the $45,000 I spent. Where is my protection? I am considering hiring a lawyer....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder in VA is:

$156 per month*