2012 Nissan Leaf Electric 1-speed Direct Drive Consumer Review - The problem is NISSAN, not

2012 Nissan Leaf Hatchback - Consumer Review

The problem is NISSAN, not the car!
By patsiefe on

2012 Nissan Leaf SL 4dr Hatchback (3-phase, 4-pole electric DD)

Things to know: You will NOT get the EPA rated distances, especially at freeway speeds, or with the heater on! I am sure this is also true for the Volt. Besides this, the car did well until I got a flat. Remember that the leaf has no spare, and Nissan has not figured out what to do about that. They include a little electric pump and sealant. DO NOT USE THEM!!! It will cost you a fortune! Worst, the car now fails to start, and the dealership has not been able to get an answer in OVER A WEEK AS TO WHY! No car for me! More disturbing is the fact that it is related to the BRAKING SYSTEM , and the computer does not understand that the brakes have been touched!

Favorite Features

The fact that you put no gas in it.

Suggested Improvements

Correct the lame blown tire system. The little pump cost $350.00 to replace through Nissan!!! It uses a bottle of inflator which cost $110.00 (no joke). The liquid MUST be used to use the pump (WTF??) The liquid WILL ruin the tires pressure sensors ($150.00) so the minimum cost if the tire is repairable of using the pump is about $300.00!! After finding this out the hard way (the pump did not work right as spewed the sealing liquid all over me and the car) and finding out the damage to the pressure sensor I bought instead a "slime" sealer with pump guaranteed NOT to ruin the sensor for $15.00. Lets see, $15.00 VS $300?! You do the math.