2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
WHAT A GREAT TRUCK!!!!
By Miguel on 02/07/05 18:36 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this truck with the 6 spd manual and is a blast to drive! 0-60 takes about 2 seconds less than my 2003 Frontier I traded in. The seats are great, better than 2003. I liked my 3-gauge cluster from 2003 better, though, but the interior is mainly better. Front end in a little ugly from certain angles. Also the backseat is a major improvement from previous models. Over all this truck, is the best truck truck I've owned.(I've owned all Nissans:1982,1993,2003, and now 2005.)

Greatest Truck
By Dick W. - Phoenix on 02/07/05 17:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many pick-ups but this is the finest. My previous vehicle was a 2002 Frontier SE Crew Cab and was no comparison to the 2005. The 2005 is a most impressive vehicle in terms of build quality, power, handling, ride, just everything! I looked and compared Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Dodge and GMC and there was absolutely NO COMPARISON! They all fell well short of the Frontier in all areas. The Ford and Dodge were really inferior in every way, do yourself a favor and drive the Frontier and you will buy it.

Awesome Truck
By Williajm on 01/26/05 18:57 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great Truck, have already put over a thousand miles on it in two weeks, and drives great in the snow, great pick up, and very fast. Test drove all other midsize trucks, and this one is the best. I am very very happy with my purchase. This would be great choice for anyone to make.

Awesome Truck
By Williajm on 01/26/05 18:57 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Oh what a feeling . . . Nissan!!!
By madcow_mtn_biker on 01/24/05 08:12 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Simply put the 2005 Nissan Frontier is an excellent truck at an even better price. It is far less expensive than a comparable Toyota Tacoma. The new V6 with automatic are a smooth and powerful combo. The frame is solid and the 4WD works great (I just tried it out in a blizzard). The base LE model has all the options most people will ever need. I am 6'3 and even with the front seat all the way back there is room for me to sit it the backseat. this truck is a tremendous improvement over many other 'small' trucks. Although I haven't used the utilitrack system yet it appears to be very well thought out and the adjustable tie downs are perfect for securing cargo. Also, the dealership was the best i've ever dealt with.

I'm lovin it
By rsbible on 01/23/05 14:33 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

In my opinion the Nissan Frontier is the sharpest midsize truck on the market right now. The Toyota Tacoma and Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon are right there but the Nissan gets them with it’s aggressive stance and rugged good looks. I’ve only had the truck a couple of weeks but so far I love it! I went to the dealership with the intentions of buying the 5-speed automatic but the 6-speed manual was just too much fun to drive. this truck's comfort and convenience are great. I haven’t really been “off road” yet but it was a real treat to drive in the big snow storm we had this week! I kept looking for errands to run so I could get out in the snow and slush! I think my wife was on to me. In short…this is a SOLID midsize truck.

2005 Nissan Frontier
By wvfrontier on 01/23/05 00:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

What to say? I absolutley love the look of the new Nissan Frontier. That was what first got me interested in it. After I took it for a test drive i had to have it. It has great power and acceleration. I haven't gotten used to the turning radius though. After driving a little Subaru that I could whip into anywhere its takign me a while to get use to learning to swing out more to get into parking spaces, but to me its worth it. The interior is vastly improved from the old model. The Rocksford sound system is awsome. I love being able to play audio CDs, my MP3s, and listen to satellite radio all from the same system. The subs are nice but not overpowering. The seating material is very comfortable and looks like it wears well.

Sports Car Power in a Compact Truck
By crailey01 on 01/21/05 15:13 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Right from the first start of the engine, I knew that the 2005 Nissan Frontier was one of a kind. This truck has sports car power with the versatility of a compact truck. The speed of this thing is incredibile for this size of vehicle. The ride is smooth and almost the quality of the Maxima except it has larger tires. I know I will be more than pleased with this vehicle. Typically, Nissan's compact trucks are very reliable. I also test drove an 2005 Toyota Tacoma and it was no comparison to the Frontier's power.

Great Pickup
By William on 01/19/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Nissan Frontier is one fun truck to drive, its feels like I am driving a fullsize pickup. The pickup on the truck is very quick. It moves with some great speed. It is very comfortable to drive in, and it handles great in snow. Its interior is very nice, and the spray-in bedliner is a money savor. Also, the four wheel disk breaks have great stopping power. The Frontier is easy to get in and out of and its visibility is very good.

Cool Truck
By halfcar on 01/14/05 22:24 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Nissan Frontier far exceeded my expectations. The truck has a lot of great features for the value. My previous truck was a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab. Compared to it, the rear seat is a bit small and the bed is slightly shorter. However, it accomdates both my children in their car seats comfortably. I know some people are asking for a long bed version, but I think the bed is the right size for every day use. The truck could be improved in the interior. Over all I think Nissan did its homework accomodating praticality and value. I give it an A+.