Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Not Quite Good Enough
By alko

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is specifically for the 2x4 Crew Cab SE w/ 6-speed tranny. This truck looks nice and has nice features in and out and the interior controls and gauges are well thought out, but threr are a couple of things I dislike. The front suspension is so stiff that it does nothing to absorb the freeway bumps and constantly throws my body from side to side on uneven terrain such as dips and driveways. The tires take all the abuse bouncing over the bumps. It's almost unbearable. The other thing I dislike is the electronic throttle control which has a decceleration delay of about 1 second and makes smooth shifting very hard to master. I just don't understand the thinking behind this.

Exterior looks. Super super quiet even at high speeds. Easy to maneuver in the ever-shinking parking lots. Although the interior is kind of bland, it's very comfortable and everything is well placed. Not a bad sounding sound system with descent bass.

Suspension/handling, A more positive throttle response. Interior materials. vent controls. Gas lid spring that actually holds the lid open. That's all so far.

It's nice
By lyverrm

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this truck and love every bit of it. I have driven a Nissan Frontier since Nov. of 1999. That truck was, and still is extremely reliable so I thought I would give the new one a chance. I love it! I gave my brother, who just turned 16, the 1999 model Nissan. I have never even had the slightest problem with the old frontier. It has 95000 miles on it and have only replaced the battery once, and have never even replaced the main belt. I expect the same out of this truck. I really enjoy the upgrade from the 4cyl to the 6cyl. This thing will get up and go. I think I made a good decision for a first car purchase.

It is extremely spacious inside and out. I can comfortably fit five. I helped my friend move not too long ago and absolutely love the bed extender, roof rack, and tie down hooks and adjustable track.

I got the power!!!! Nissan Frontier
By diko617

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm really impressed with the redesigned nissan frontier. I test drive the Toyota, Honda and Dodge, nothing compares to the engine power of the Nissan Frontier. Its beyond comparisson to other mid-size pick up truck. A worthy investment! Its definetly the most powerful mid size pick up truck!

V6 4L 265HP engine

interior

Gas gas gas
By Brian VABeach

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ok so everyone konws that your going to get bad MPG on gas but not this bad....i have had my Frontier for 3 weeks now and am at 1500 miles and still only getting 17.7 - 17.9 MPG ....Horrible!

The Chrome on the grille and on my door hadle and mirrors

Quality Truck!!!
By Topher

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy about my truck! It has the power when I need it and all of the accessories I was looking for. The large cab is very spacious.

I love the suicide doors. My favorite thing about the truck is the body and the color! Nissan has stepped up to the plate with a great product!

Better gas mileage for a V-6