Used 1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 240SX model:

pretty tight
By crackcrack

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

it is fun it seems like there is a little something behind it, specially in the 60-90 range. Very very skiddish, had it 2 mths and 2 fishtails, a third minor one today testing turning radius. maybe i need to put some ballast in car. mechanics feel good, engine sounds nice.

Favorite Features

short-throw stick, all pedals feel good and responsive, looks different from most cars in its class.

Suggested Improvements

half the time it feels like its flying off the ground.

Great Car
By sethulrich

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 194,000 miles. Now it has 230,000 plus, and still runs strong. Very fun car. Unique in that it is a compact import that is rear wheel drive! And you don't see them everywhere...they are a rare compared to other imports.

Favorite Features

Rear wheel drive!

Suggested Improvements

Turbo!

Fun car
By Joe

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had it for almost a year know. Have not had any trouble with it except for the wear and tear but that is expected out of any car.

Favorite Features

5 Speed trans,speeds it reachs with out a turbo.reachs about 145mph after doing some modification to the car.

Suggested Improvements

Having turbo would be nice. Cup holders Having a SR20DET or a RB25DETT would have made the car more better do to it would out perform the compition. More people would have bought the car. I do recommend on buying this car but make sure u check the car be for just buying do to that you see a bk.

My 240 - reviving it just now
By Bobs240sx

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

An excellent car that I never have to worry about. It has been really reliable and I just love it. I am starting to put work into it now to restore it a bit rather than go out and buy a new car.

Favorite Features

Cornering is very tight. Limited only by the tires I have.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely a cup holder as said earlier.

Affordable RWD Fun
By Alex

1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

The 240SX is so much fun to drive. The best part of the car is that it is RWD. It's also an affordable, reliable, agile, fun car. It handles better than I can. It gets pretty good gas mileage, especially considering how fast it goes. The way the fastback is situated with the backseat gives great cargo room. I play the tuba, and I can fit 3 tubas and 2 people in the car all at once. There's lots of room under the hood, so you can do whatever you want to the car and it's easy to work on.

Favorite Features

It handles beautifully. It responds instantly, and it looks great. I've never driven with someone who didn't love the car. No one believes me when I tell them it's a four cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

The backseat is very small, but we all know that 2+2 means 2 plus a 2 year old. Just get a sedan if you are driving 4 people daily.