Used 2008 Mitsubishi Raider Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Raider - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Raider model:

Most disappointing Mitsubishi
By fraggledrock

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was a devoted Mitsubishi owner because my Mighty Max served me so well for 15 years & over 200K miles until it was totaled. I bought a 2008 Raider expecting the same durability & have never been so wrong! At 62K miles the Raider has major mechanical issues - bearing failure in the rear differential. To make matters worse the component isn't repairable & requires complete component replacement. Unlike most 2008 models from Mitsubishi, these units do not have a 10 year 100,000 mile power train warranty a clear statement of no confidence by the manufacturer.

Although I appreciate the comfort including a much improved heating system, significantly more interior space and a more car like ride, I'd trade it all for the reliability I'd come to expect from Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi needs to acknowledge their responsibilities and assist consumers by providing help with repairs on these clearly substandard vehicles!

Nice pickup truck
By raul

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is very smooth and quiet. For the price I paid I am very happy, I really like this little truck.

Exterior design. Road handling is great. The warranty and road hazard warranty is excellent for this vehicle.

Fuel consumption, improve the start off power.

Bought new
By Art

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Looks great-mileage is still improving, have only 3000 mi on it. Am getting 18 to 20 in town-no hwy. drive yet-handles great-ride is wonderful (car like). Roomy compared to my 02 Ranger XLT-if it proves as reliable as Ranger-will be terrific. Price was right. V-6 Plenty of power for me. Cruising along at 50mph results in no more than 14 to 1500rpm.

It's a Truck??
By Kusch

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing that makes this a truck is a bed and a bumper hitch!! Granted, at the time of purchase, I was looking for an SUV, after years of driving a Full Size F150. So, I settled for 50/50. I loved it, until I bought a boat. After a few months of towing on the weekends.......things started going wrong. I figured I'd save up the problems and turn it in for service and warranty at the one year mark. It's at the dealership now...and I'm waiting...and waiting... The service and warranty are great, they just had alot of stuff to fix. Bottom line, if you want a truck, buy a truck. If you want a nice looking 4 dr, but this truck. Do not treat it like your last pick-up, as it won't last long.

Interior and Exterior design, wheel and rim size. It is roomy for a midsize. Warranty and Service of Mitsubishi

Tranny for towing...get away from the cheap plastic parts...HD rear bumper. The hitch holds great, but the bumper bends!

Good option at a good price
By Dave

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Although my Raider (rebadged Dakota) may not compete with some of the more refined trucks in its class, the Raider is an excellent choice for the price. The V6 provides decent power, the interior is roomy, and the features are simple to use. For the price and what I get in return, this vehicle is a good option.

Roomy interior. Decent power, 3.7 V6 is a proven engine from Dodge. Interior features are easy to use. Comfortable seats. Attractive styling.

Highway ride a little unrefined. Poor gas mileage, but competitive in class. Cheap plastics. No V8 option for the Mitsubishi version.