2006 Mitsubishi Raider - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Raider model:
Great work truck
By qtcountrybo on 03/14/12 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 Raider brand new and finally got rid of it with just over 101,000 worry free miles. It was a good truck and very relaible. The only complaint that I ever had was the not so good mpg's which averaged only 15 to 16 no matter how I drove. Maybe a five or six speed auto would have made that better.

Road Warrior Salesman
By GEB in Seattle on 12/01/09 16:38 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider XLS 4dr Double Cab AWD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

In sales and drive a lot of highway miles and have over 100,000 miles in 3 years. Still get looks and stares from everyone asking what brand of truck and how sharp it looks. Great reliability - new brakes at 75,000 miles and new tires at 90,000 miles. Used to get over 21 MPG on highway but now now get about 18 MPG but still pleased for a V8.

Great buy
By truck man06 on 10/09/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Duro Cross V8 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my raider for a few months now and love it. Got it for 10,400, great price and it does great. The v8 has more than enough power and the payload is great. I had 18 90 lbs bags of concrete in the back, 3 separate times! Didn't even bottom out. Truck is clean and interior is plasticky so it's easy to clean. Can fit my 3 18 year old buddies in the back with plenty of room, and my 6'6" 260lb dad fits fine in it. The bed is a little short, and the worst part, the fuel economy. I only drive around town and the 22 gallon tank goes 200 plus miles. Would do better on the highway, but around town the mpg is bad. Great truck overall!

last truck i will have to buy.
By paul aubele on 09/28/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Duro Cross V8 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

just bought truck 1 month ago and took it on a 800 mile trip. One word: great truck.

Nice Truck, Great Value, Poor Fuel MPG
By CTG in Seattle on 08/26/07 15:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider XLS 4dr Double Cab AWD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for most of this year and it's a good truck. The V8 pulls the wave runners and camper easily. The back seat with the double cab has plenty of room, it's a fabulous looking truck. No problems so far. The gas mileage though is very poor and I was hoping for a few MPG better than I'm getting with mostly highway driving. Mine came fully and the 5 year warranty make it a great value. All leather, V8, power everything, 5 disc changer, bluetooth, etc. I like it.

Big Bang for your Buck!!!
By Casey on 06/18/07 18:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Duro Cross V6 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Raider Duro Cross for just over a year and I love everything about it. The Alpine 508w system is awesome. The handling is great. Highway gas mileage is awesome, especially when you combine a K&N air filter with a true dual exhaust system. The power is nice too. This truck is worth every penny and nobody can beat the warranty that it comes with or the price!

Nice Ride to an extent!
By Bree on 06/15/07 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a pleasant truck for the family to ride pretty comfortably in. The back seat is pretty roomy. Interior is black and shows up anything, which isn't good with a baby. But its design and styling are good. There is some suspicious engine noise that my husband says is not good. We are getting rid of this vehicle soon hopefully.

It is a Shame...
By Macflo on 11/14/06 14:45 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Duro Cross V8 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I heard this truck will no longer be sold. Mitsubishi will stop its production. It is a shame because this Dakota makeup is the best truck I have driven in years besides the additional benefits like 5/60k warranty and lots of toys included for a very reasonable price. I owned a '02 Dodge Dakota equipped with the same engine; when I tested the Raider the salesman told me the trucks are the same. I only needed the demo ride to know this guy was wrong, the Raider is a superior vehicle in all areas. This 4.7 engine made by Daimler is the best in all the Chrysler/Dodge inventory. I suggest adding a K&N filter to improve gas mileage and wow you will see the acceleration. Take care not burn too much rubber.

A Serious Owner's Review
By Michael on 11/03/06 10:57 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Duro Cross V8 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this truck for under a year. Within the first 2,000 miles after driving a 3 hour continuous ride the truck overheated - next I have been fighting with my dealer for 10 months to get the LOUD rattling of the poorly designed and poorly secured rubber bumper to be fixed. They say it's the design and normal noise. If I paid all this money for a MAJOR loud rattle I would have gotten a cheap used car - under a year, also the molding around the wheel flares are ALL getting unglued. I am going to proceed with my lemon lawsuit (DO NOT PURCHASE ONE!)

Raidin'
By mike on 10/13/06 07:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I have never had any vehicle that gets so many second looks and stares. It rides great, drives great, looks great, it's just an all around great truck. No other truck that I looked at could come close in price when equipped with just the basics my Raider came with.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.