Used 2006 Mitsubishi Raider Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Raider - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Raider model:

Great work truck
By qtcountrybo

2006 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 Raider brand new and finally got rid of it with just over 101,000 worry free miles. It was a good truck and very relaible. The only complaint that I ever had was the not so good mpg's which averaged only 15 to 16 no matter how I drove. Maybe a five or six speed auto would have made that better.

Favorite Features

Good size bed, looks

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg, more power, more gears in automatic

Road Warrior Salesman
By GEB in Seattle

2006 Mitsubishi Raider XLS 4dr Double Cab AWD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

In sales and drive a lot of highway miles and have over 100,000 miles in 3 years. Still get looks and stares from everyone asking what brand of truck and how sharp it looks. Great reliability - new brakes at 75,000 miles and new tires at 90,000 miles. Used to get over 21 MPG on highway but now now get about 18 MPG but still pleased for a V8.

Favorite Features

Everything about the truck - fully loaded - especially like the styling.

Suggested Improvements

Don't remember if a moon roof / sun roof was available but will be getting one installed soon. Also would like to have a power adjusted passenger seat. Otherwise not much else is missing.

Great buy
By truck man06

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Duro Cross V8 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my raider for a few months now and love it. Got it for 10,400, great price and it does great. The v8 has more than enough power and the payload is great. I had 18 90 lbs bags of concrete in the back, 3 separate times! Didn't even bottom out. Truck is clean and interior is plasticky so it's easy to clean. Can fit my 3 18 year old buddies in the back with plenty of room, and my 6'6" 260lb dad fits fine in it. The bed is a little short, and the worst part, the fuel economy. I only drive around town and the 22 gallon tank goes 200 plus miles. Would do better on the highway, but around town the mpg is bad. Great truck overall!

Favorite Features

The v8. The interior and exterior. Roomy.

Suggested Improvements

MPG! Please make this better. The around town MPG stinks flat out. I fill up every week.

last truck i will have to buy.
By paul aubele

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Duro Cross V8 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

just bought truck 1 month ago and took it on a 800 mile trip. One word: great truck.

Favorite Features

easy to drive nice inside and out.runs good and tows good. the best part wife loves it. safe truck to drive.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage .

Nice Truck, Great Value, Poor Fuel MPG
By CTG in Seattle

2006 Mitsubishi Raider XLS 4dr Double Cab AWD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for most of this year and it's a good truck. The V8 pulls the wave runners and camper easily. The back seat with the double cab has plenty of room, it's a fabulous looking truck. No problems so far. The gas mileage though is very poor and I was hoping for a few MPG better than I'm getting with mostly highway driving. Mine came fully and the 5 year warranty make it a great value. All leather, V8, power everything, 5 disc changer, bluetooth, etc. I like it.

Favorite Features

Bed extender, roomy 4 door cab, comfort, and the styling is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel efficiency.