The BEST truck in the snow!!
By PHISH on
2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I bought a 2001 Montero in 2005 w/42,000 miles on it. We just traded it in with 84000 miles because we just needed a change. It was the best truck I have ever had. Lots of room, comfortable ride, amazing in the snow, great ground clearance, great on the highway and the '01 seems like it's faster than an '05 I recently drove.The only major expensive was the timing belt at 70,000 miles but my ex. warranty picked it up. I would recommend this truck to anyone and would buy it again. If you're in the market for one... Don't let the miles on this truck fool you. I would buy one with 100,000 miles on it in a heartbeat.
Favorite Features
Huge Sunroof, side windows pop open, 4WD option are amazing 4H, 4LLC and 4 low... incredible in the snow. Chrome option is a great touch on the side mirrors. Side mirror size. Folding seats. It's pretty quick for a heavy truck only having a v6. We took the 3rd row out and had tons of cargo are under flr.
Suggested Improvements
Needs to be a V8. The plastic on the tire cover peels. The back door should swing open the other way. Gas mileage. Like I said we just traded ours in..... I have a picture of my Montero in my new truck..... We loved it!