2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Review: Great car, love it

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Review

GS Convertible (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great car, love it
By danmcswain on

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my eclipse for about a year and a half and have put more than 12000 miles on it since getting it. The car has been fantastic, it's a blast to drive, comfortable enough for long road trips (wouldn't suggest going cross country, but for 3-4 hours it isn't too bad). I've had the clutch master cylinder go out on me, but it wasn't a big deal to replace. Overall, I have to say this car has treated me well, parts aren't hard to find and are relatively cheap, when you actually need them anyway. It's a great, fairly cheap option as a sports car, not quite as fast as other cars, but other features more than make up for it, and it will out-handle more than its fair share. Enjoy it as I have.

Favorite Features

Fantastic gearbox, great gas mileage, comfy interior, pretty car, great brakes, fun to drive, not overly expensive

Suggested Improvements

cup holder location is terrible (right in front of the shifter, if you put anything in there, it interferes with shifting). Headlight sockets need replacement (the could catch on fire otherwise). Other than that, enjoy!