Used 2011 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

"S" engine is now a star
By clutchplate

2011 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's hard to believe the Mini Cooper S is only rated at 181 horsepower, it feels like more. After driving the standard Cooper hardtop the difference was night and day... if you can't afford the S, don't drive one. I also have a Lotus Elise & have been driving both up the same canyon road to observe the differences. The Lotus corners quicker/flatter, but the Cooper launches you out of a corner with more low end (turbo) thrust. Its power is in the midrange and it flings you forward from around 3,000 RPM. What a blast. It leans a bit while cornering but stays neutral when you hit the gas so you don't need to enter a turn super fast to maintain speed. Great fun, great car.

Favorite Features

Power band, build quality, gas mileage, side sun visor, golf clubs fit in the back (at an angle).

Suggested Improvements

Exhaust pop/burble is interesting in sports mode, but is a bit strange as the engine is otherwise quiet.

I Love My Car! But im loosing it! Bee ware!
By 0to60n6

2011 MINI Cooper John Cooper Works 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My car has been thru everything! Jumps, high speed runs, never has overheated or indicated any ware and tear. I was 15 when i got my car and i loved it! I have gotten hit by a drunk driver in a loaner car and it was a cooper and i obveously didn't die and the Full sized truck was in the ditch and i was stil on the road. He was more seriously enjured, oh and he side swiped me going 80... I love my car to death, but theres one thing to beware it sticks out like a sore thumb i got pulled over the oother day on the interstate for the wrong speed because i stick out and they didn't see the other car so my parents are selling my baby. :( Best car i have ever had and i will miss it so much :(.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Speedometer, Steptronic Transmition, HUGE turbo, 150+ speeds :D, and pimping 18in black rims.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system sucks so i got fosgate 12's and it beats down now, This is a teenagers dream car and its perfect loved it and still do i hope i can keep it but its up for sale by my parents now.

Dream come true
By jg2310

2011 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have wanted a cooper convertiable since it was released. The 2011 seems to have corrected alll of the control complaints I have read about with the 2010 model. I have driven a 2006 s model, and the 2011 ride is much smoother....no comparison. The 6 speed manual is a must, so much fun.

Life is Good
By Anonymous

2011 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought Cadbury (Hot Chocolate exterior with Polar Beige interior) less than a month ago and loving every top down minute! No regrets on selling our 2008 Miata. Averaging 31 mpg.

Favorite Features

Convenience pkg. Bluetooth works great. Sport mode!

Suggested Improvements

Allow orange dash lighting to change with ambient lighting.

Crazy in love with my MINI
By JML

2011 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Had been dreaming of getting a MINI for years. (family member has had 2 already) Finally got bran new 2011 w/ manual tranny last month, and have been grinning ear to ear ever since. If my MINI could be said to have any flaw, it would be that the ride is a little noisy--but that's ok: have been turning off radio anyway b/c enjoying listening to the engine growl and purr as I shift gears! This is by far the best car I have ever owned. Almost tempted to do the grocery shopping one item at a time just to have as many excuses to drive as possible!! Can't describe it: it's more than just a car...it has a personality all it's own. It's like a pet I can drive around in!

Favorite Features

sun roof, heated seats, xenon headlamps with adaptive controller, sport button, exterior styling, sport seats. Oh, EVERYTHING!

Suggested Improvements

my MINI is perfect; wouldn't change a thing (but wish I ordered the auto- dimming rear view mirrors along with the other goodies for MINI....will order those with my next MINI)