2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
The worst car I have ever owned.
By cm8112 on 06/06/14 12:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

We purchased a brand new 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL450. Fully Loaded, including entertainment and towing packages. In January 2014 our problems started. The car had just a little over 60K miles. Airmatics were gone, one after another within days. One of them even blew up. 4 Electrical problems, including radio, and door locks. All repairs costed more than $4,500 within 6 months, and it continued until we had enough. It just started to fall apart after 60K miles. I gave it away for $26K. Lost almost 50 grand in 4 years. I was lucky with that history of repairs. Do yourself a favor get a Japanese car. Our time, hard earned money and peace of mind are valuable. Stay away of this car and brand.

Great SUV
By mike on 06/11/10 20:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Better than Cadillac Escalade I had. Rides and handles way better. Easy to drive and get in and out. Easier to load cargo in rear too.

Flawless
By Tom Smith on 06/06/10 06:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This car is simply flawless. I have yet to find fault with it-The seats are wonderful, the ride is excellent, and the handling is amazing for such a large SUV. Test drove Q7, R Class, Escalade, Escalade ESV, and QX, only the ESV had a roomier third row, and the q7's 3rd row was smaller then my wife's BMW x3. The Escalade's dash was a little nicer but it looked to flashy and no fold flat third row. The heated and cooled cup holders were very nice though and wish this car had them.Overall this car is perfect, and would highly recommend to anyone with a large family. Its served mine of 7 and 2 dogs very well, so well in fact I'm selling my wife's x3 for one of these. Will be buying 2 more in a year.

Not an SUV guy and I LOVE it!
By Ernie on 04/29/10 12:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This was to be my wife's car, as I have my BMW 650 - yes, quite a contrast in style to my demise. Great driving car, roomy, responsive and OK - I can open up the Sun roof to get that convertible feel, as I do on my 650.

great suv
By mike on 01/18/10 19:05 PM (PST)

smooth ride ,handling , 3rd row power fold seats.engine power is smooth

Great SUV
By John L on 01/12/10 19:22 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Replaced my Acura MDX with this Mercedes. Drives nearly like a sedan. Very composed and solid ride. Does not feel large at all. Interior finish is well done. The AWD feels secure on snowy and wet roads. system is more intuitive in my old Acura. Overall, happy with the vehicle so far.

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By oyvey247 on 01/06/10 17:23 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Just took delivery of our 2010 GL450 - Did TONS of research, priced out every local dealer, looked at many other brands and vehicles over the past year (yes, i am thorough. We are SO happy we got the MB. I read all these reviews too - It deserves the 9.8 it is rated. Car is beautiful, drives like a dream and hauls 'you know what' on the road. Fits my 3 kids, car seats and all our stuff (which is a lot!). The voice command radio and nav is terrific, not too hard to use like others have said (you just need to get used to it).Love the automatic seats in the 3rd row, love th satilite NAV (not a disk that needs to be updated),love the bluetooth linked phone - Buy this car -you won't regret it

Great Drive
By Chi-Town on 12/06/09 22:51 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased 2010 this in November and love everything about this car. This does not drive like a large SUV. It's definitely an improvement our ML (2002). Ride is quiet and interior is well appointed. Need to get used to the Navi- so far I prefer my Garmin- although just one button and the Navi turns on and appears on a large display. Need to do something about the rear seat entrance. Sliding seats would be great as the other reviewer indicated

Good buy
By neildd on 11/02/09 14:47 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Have had the car for 2 months now P2 Appearance package. No problems. Technology takes getting used to. Great drive, nice ride. Kids love the rear ent system. Luxurious interior. Definitely a vast improvement in feel and comfort from MDX to a Mercedes.

Handles like a car, not an SUV.
By Jerry on 09/07/09 07:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Outstanding build quality and looks. This SUV has no body roll around high speed turns which is amazing for a vehicle of this weight. It really does stay glued to the road. Love the new chromed out roof racks, fog lights and skid plates that now come standard. Consider 3 zone climate when ordering. Standard seats are outstanding so don't waste money on leather. Premium 1 package is perfect.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class in VA is:

$149 per month*