Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Comfortable
By Bert

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Previously had a 2003 M5. Sold it because it was uncomfortable and unfriendly around town. I spent years looking for that elusive comfortable race car. March of 2009 I finally found it. After looking at GTR, CTS-V, Mustang, GTO, Corvette, Audi S5 and R8 and Lexus ISF, I stumbled across the C- 63. It is the real deal. Power and torque galore, great handling, exhaust note. Comfortable around town, long trips or driving hard. A luxurious, comfortable "Beast" of a car. After 1 year I still look for excuses to drive it. It is simply exhilarating to drive. I have driven on track in Formula Fords and Mazdas (150 MPH) on road courses, NASCAR oval and Sprint cars.

Favorite Features

Power and torque, safety, comfort, handling and exhaust note. Can program car from 451 to 518 HP. Front styling and side rake. Very versatile and always powerful yet comfortable. Just what I have searched for, for about 10 years. All of this and is rated one of the top 4 safest cars.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear tire wear. I babied the car for 6,000 miles and had bald rear tires. NO KIDDING !! Brakes and gas pedal are way too touchy. Bigger rear tires and flared rear fenders would be awesome looking. Transmission is geared so you are constantly shifting. A manual trans.

substitute for a BMW??
By ITR driver

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove BMW 335i before settle with MB C300 sport. I bought it because of good discount from factory + dealer. It is a well built car, not as fast as the BMW, and handling is just as good as BMW providing you are not on a track. I do feel the throttle response is slow! so is the Automatic transmission down shift! It takes about 1-2 sec. from gentle press down the gas pedal to actually see response acceleration. The AT also reluctant to downshift quickly when press the gas pedal deeply. It is ok in regular driving but will be a different story if try to avoid an accident or quick lane change.

Favorite Features

solid built. confident feel

Suggested Improvements

slow throttle response and slow AT down shift. Gss mileage can be better.

This car saved my life...literally.
By Carolina

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In March 2010, I was at a stop light routinely waiting my turn to proceed forward. Without warning, I saw the grill of a GMC SUV for a split second before it crashed into the rear of my car. Police estimated that the vehicle was traveling between 35-40 mph. Though the Benz was totaled and I sustained injuries - I'm here to tell you that this car saved my life. The standard safety features the C300 offers speaks volumes about Benz build quality... Thank you Mercedes-Benz.

Favorite Features

Mostly everything...

Suggested Improvements

Gas efficiency.

Brass tacks
By Brent

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Having owned the C300 for a year now i wanted to review it based on the experiences i have had. First of all i want to list all the good things about this car. The exterior is perfect in every way. The interior with the exception of the cruise control lever is designed very well. I do enjoy the fact that everything has worked like a charm without one problem...well done. Now for the bad. The seats are downright uncomfortable in every way. Too hard and cramped. The steering is just plain boring and unattached to the road. The car is just not fun to drive. I feel i should just buy a Honda next time and forget it if i want reliable and boring. A good car but not what i expect.

Favorite Features

Features and quality. Engine is great as well as transmission. NO problems and that says alot to the quality improvements

Suggested Improvements

Steering feel needs new seat design. Almost there but not good enough for Mercedes.

Don't bother with C300, get C350
By Mac Binger

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After looking at many cars like the Audi A4, Cadillac CTS, and VW Jetta, we decided on purchasing this 2009 Mercedes C350 Sport. We have no regrets. This car looks fantastic in red. We were not interested in the basic c class cars, as BMW and Audi makes much better alternatives, but this car is amazing. After driving it thousands of miles to our home after picking it up, we were happy about the pick up and comfort of this car. While not as comfortable as our Cadillac STS, it has more personality and sporty style. The 3.5 V6 is fast and steering is very sensitive and responsive. Overall we are very happy about the purchase.

Favorite Features

Sporty exterior design. Beautiful interior. Fast, powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system is over-complicated. Fuel Economy is a little lower than competitors.