2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
C63 AMG= gas thirsty but fun and fast
By C6 Z06 to C63 AMG on 09/24/09 23:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Traded my 08 C6 Z06for a 09 C63 AMG. This car looks great, handles well,is fast and the engine sounds terrific. Gas mileage is simply pathetic, the worst car I ever had in gas mileage, I am only guessing a Hummer or a Ford Excursion are worst on gas. You must get the P2 package, definitely you wouldn't need the performance package. The seats are the best I ever seen, better than my Evo IX Recaros. Be aware that the maintenance can be expensive but overall you are getting a top notch quality car. Insurance is OK,not too bad. Again, whenever you plan buying this car makes sure you put aside a good solid $300 for monthly gas expenses. Red and black colors don't have $720 penalty. Good luck!

C300 Sport 4 Matic
By TT on 09/21/09 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a nice car. It looks good and handles great. Good power and a smooth transmission. The interior of this car is laid out well, but it is too small. Disappointed in the size and space in the rear seats. Trunk is too small as well. I wish I would have purchased the Audi A5 or A6, maybe a BMW 330 for a little more interior room and about the same price.

C300 6 Speed Sport w/18" AMG wheels
By Steve on 08/26/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Audi S8 for this car. My wife thought I was crazy until she drove it. It handles like it is on rails and the performance is very good overall. Not quite the acceleration of the Audi but I am getting 31 mpg on the highway between 65-70mph with the cruise set. I can't wait for the Borla exhaust to come!

I LOVE MY FIRST CAR! GREAT VEHICLE !
By alfaking001 on 08/19/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first car and it is stunning! The power is great the ride and handling is awesome. The build quality so far is superior we will see how that holds up in a year or so. The dealer gave us an excellent bargin and the service was spectacular. The transmission is so smooth. The interior is great nice restrained use of over the top materials it is a very nice balance of luxury and sport but..for my taste could be a little more luxurious. fuel economy is good . just filled it up and took a road trip averaged 31.2 MGP!!!!!!!! worst was 21.3 mpg and average with mostly city driving and occasional highway driving i get between 24-25 mpg overall and very well done and highly recommend it !

Our second review....LOVE IT!
By coadster on 07/19/09 23:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a followup as we just completed an 1200 mile roadtrip with 2 adults, 2 large dogs and lots of stuff. Car exceeded our expectations....all across the board (and we have owned new E class/5 Series, Jag XJ prior).

Very impressed
By Jay on 07/17/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd MB. I have the sport package, Auto with the multimedia option. Amazing sound system and overall a very fun car to drive. By far has been my favorite car I've ever owned. For the money, the C class provides everything I could imagine. The car feels and looks much more expensive than it is. In my opinion the body style is more appealing than any 60K dollar car I've seen on the road. It's eye catching, I get tons of compliments and is a true joy to drive to work and back everyday. I'm amazed at some of the other reviews I've read bashing this car. I can't find one thing I "hate" about this car.

2009 C63 AMG
By Brian on 07/10/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I was originally reluctant to purchase a MB due to what I had heard regarding quality issues in the past. I must say that so far this car has been perfect, no issues whatsoever, great build quality with no rattles or squeaks. I did have to replace the OEM tires after 4200 miles due to wear, but other then that the car has performed better then I expected. The car is FAST but also drives well on the highway for normal cruising. The electronic package is top notch as well. The HK stereo is great sounding, the navigation is clear to understand, and the voice recognition is far better then what my Acura has. Overall I would buy this car again with no hesitation.

I am enjoying my first MB very much!
By oldsnwbrdr on 07/02/09 06:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I just turned in my 2007 Acura TL. I loved that car, it had great styling, performance, and gas mileage (in the last two regards, it still beats my new Benz). But as far as refinement is concerned it's not even close, the MB blows away the Acura. I test-drove a TSX and couldn't believe how much cheaper it felt than the Benz (despite the difference in price, my best Benz lease deal is only $14 more per month than my best TSX offer).

First Mercedes-Benz
By Distractid on 07/01/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2007 Lexus IS350 as I was getting bored with the car (lol). I love the IS350, but wanted a change. I like the more aggressive look of the C350 as compared to my Lexus, and that was the main draw as I knew I'd be giving up a bit in terms of comfort (Lexus has much softer leather and seats, and somewhat smoother ride) and horsepower (IS350 306hp v. C350 268hp). The C350 offers a more engaging driving experience (falls between the IS350 and 3-Series). My Lexus was overly smooth which took the "sport" out of sport sedan. Despite 38hp less in the C350, it's more fun to drive than the Lexus and acceleration is more than adequate to get ahead of traffic.

Great Luxury Car
By DShluf on 06/28/09 20:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a terrific car which is priced right. It has beautiful outside styling and inside looks like a high- end luxury sedan. Roomy and comfortable front seats. The car is a lot of fun to drive with responsive handling and a quiet ride. Will use any excuse to drive, even running errands! I have it with Premium Package and Ipod which works well. Recommend the multimedia package in hindsight though I did not get it. Anyone looking for a sporty, luxury sedan at a fair price should consider this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class in VA is:

$127 per month*