Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

One Year Review - Update
By oldsnwbrdr

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Had the car for one year and this is my second review. Made only minor adjustments to my ratings to up the rating for exterior styling and reliability. Car has been bulletproof; has been in the dealership only for routine service and one damaged tire. The car isn't particularly exciting but it has a certain intangible quality. Like an expensive suit, I feel like a better person when I drive this car. The ride in the sport model is perfect and I like the steering feel. The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet, and the seats, while firm, are extremely comfortable on long drives. MB-TEX is an asset... not an ounce of wear, which you can't say about leather. I want a new E Class!

Value. The base stereo sounds fine, and you'll get a better GPS by buying a portable one, so don't buy the MM package (but do buy P1). AWD was great in winter. Car feels like it will last forever, but I only have it for two more years.

I STILL confuse cruise control stalk for turn signal sometimes. iPod interface will not shuffle custom play lists; a major annoyance. Gas mileage just OK for a car of this size. Wheels hard to clean. SIRIUS satellite reception is weak and sometimes hunts for signal on clear days. Noisy fan.

Luxurious street legal racecar
By mel

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I found this luxury beast by accident. I have been looking for a comfortable, safe "luxurious race car" for years. Recently I had looked at all competitors and decided on the ISF. While I was deciding on color I visited the salesman who sold us our 1st Mercedes, a C-300 for my wife. I mentioned I was getting an ISF. He just pointed at a C-63 on the showroom floor. I said what is that. He said lets take it for a spin. That was it! FINALLY a luxurious, comfortable monster. I am constantly looking for excuses to drive it.

Safety, Power and torque galore! Handling, comfort, exhaust sound! A racers daily toy.

Better tires. Tires were gone on rear after 5000 easy break in miles. No racing or fast starts at all !!! Touchy brakes and accelerator. Tranny always shifting. A manual would be great.

Comfortable
By Bert

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Previously had a 2003 M5. Sold it because it was uncomfortable and unfriendly around town. I spent years looking for that elusive comfortable race car. March of 2009 I finally found it. After looking at GTR, CTS-V, Mustang, GTO, Corvette, Audi S5 and R8 and Lexus ISF, I stumbled across the C- 63. It is the real deal. Power and torque galore, great handling, exhaust note. Comfortable around town, long trips or driving hard. A luxurious, comfortable "Beast" of a car. After 1 year I still look for excuses to drive it. It is simply exhilarating to drive. I have driven on track in Formula Fords and Mazdas (150 MPH) on road courses, NASCAR oval and Sprint cars.

Power and torque, safety, comfort, handling and exhaust note. Can program car from 451 to 518 HP. Front styling and side rake. Very versatile and always powerful yet comfortable. Just what I have searched for, for about 10 years. All of this and is rated one of the top 4 safest cars.

Better rear tire wear. I babied the car for 6,000 miles and had bald rear tires. NO KIDDING !! Brakes and gas pedal are way too touchy. Bigger rear tires and flared rear fenders would be awesome looking. Transmission is geared so you are constantly shifting. A manual trans.

substitute for a BMW??
By ITR driver

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove BMW 335i before settle with MB C300 sport. I bought it because of good discount from factory + dealer. It is a well built car, not as fast as the BMW, and handling is just as good as BMW providing you are not on a track. I do feel the throttle response is slow! so is the Automatic transmission down shift! It takes about 1-2 sec. from gentle press down the gas pedal to actually see response acceleration. The AT also reluctant to downshift quickly when press the gas pedal deeply. It is ok in regular driving but will be a different story if try to avoid an accident or quick lane change.

solid built. confident feel

slow throttle response and slow AT down shift. Gss mileage can be better.

This car saved my life...literally.
By Carolina

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In March 2010, I was at a stop light routinely waiting my turn to proceed forward. Without warning, I saw the grill of a GMC SUV for a split second before it crashed into the rear of my car. Police estimated that the vehicle was traveling between 35-40 mph. Though the Benz was totaled and I sustained injuries - I'm here to tell you that this car saved my life. The standard safety features the C300 offers speaks volumes about Benz build quality... Thank you Mercedes-Benz.

Mostly everything...