Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Outstanding
By lawman1967

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just sold my 2009 C300 Sport after two years and 80,000 miles of driving. I bought it new, religiously followed the maintenance schedule and replaced the Continental tires with the same every 30,000 miles. This car was flawless in every way. Nothing ever broke, and it never needed anything beyond regular maintenance, which for 80,000 miles is very impressive indeed. The car was fast enough, fun to drive, and extremely comfortable, even on the two occasions when I drove 1,100 miles in a single day. Best thing to say about it is that I traded it in for a new 2012 C250 Sport sedan, and expect the same great service from the new one. I was sad to see it go.

Favorite Features

The firm Mercedes-Benz seats, nothing else compares. The styling, especially the exterior is downright sexy. The 2012 revision is significant, but the original W204 (2008~2011) still looks fresh. Best feature, hands-down is durability. I drive A LOT! 4,500 miles per month on average, and this car was always a trusted companion.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the small diesel to the United States, otherwise the C Class is just about the perfect car for me. It had better be, as I just traded this in on a 2012 C250, my 4th C Class.

Smoothest Ride Ever
By carlo

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first car purchased as new, and I've had it for about a year and a half. I've driven and rode in many different vehicles, but the C300 is hands down the quietest, best handling, and has the most buttery smooth ride. Exterior is beautiful and flawless. I've gotten countless double-takes while driving around town, and have been complimented many times by passers by. I haven't had a single issue in a year and a half and 20,000 miles. One gripe is the car is kind of low; I've scraped the front bumper several times on curbs, causing the black paint to scrape off, showing the white underside.

Favorite Features

- Smooth, comfortable ride. Gorgeous exterior. - Excellent stock sound system. Climate control system is very powerful and quick to kick in. - Sport mode is fun. - Gas mileage is way better than estimates; I get avg 25 city, 30-35 hwy. - Seats very comfortable, love the lumbar support.

Suggested Improvements

- Comfort mode feels too stiff; break response & acceleration are slowed down considerably to the point that they're a hindrance. - Center console design feels cheap; way too many buttons. - MMI needs works. Transmission hangs sometimes when switching between reverse/drive.

substitute for a BMW??
By ITR driver

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove BMW 335i before settle with MB C300 sport. I bought it because of good discount from factory + dealer. It is a well built car, not as fast as the BMW, and handling is just as good as BMW providing you are not on a track. I do feel the throttle response is slow! so is the Automatic transmission down shift! It takes about 1-2 sec. from gentle press down the gas pedal to actually see response acceleration. The AT also reluctant to downshift quickly when press the gas pedal deeply. It is ok in regular driving but will be a different story if try to avoid an accident or quick lane change.

Favorite Features

solid built. confident feel

Suggested Improvements

slow throttle response and slow AT down shift. Gss mileage can be better.

This car saved my life...literally.
By Carolina

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In March 2010, I was at a stop light routinely waiting my turn to proceed forward. Without warning, I saw the grill of a GMC SUV for a split second before it crashed into the rear of my car. Police estimated that the vehicle was traveling between 35-40 mph. Though the Benz was totaled and I sustained injuries - I'm here to tell you that this car saved my life. The standard safety features the C300 offers speaks volumes about Benz build quality... Thank you Mercedes-Benz.

Favorite Features

Mostly everything...

Suggested Improvements

Gas efficiency.

3rd review at just almost one year
By coadster

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had for almost a year now-still unusually ecstatic. Granted only driven it 3000 miles but have had absolutely no issues at all(other than the signal lever/cruise lever are too close together). MB Tex is much better than leather (although others can't tell the difference). Fold down rear seats have proved wonderful. Just loaned it to friends for the past week and they don't want to give it back now-it is a sports, luxury car and love the sporty look and drive.

Favorite Features

Pop up navigation screen - just looks cool. Incredible sound system. Look/drive/all around package.

Suggested Improvements

a little more space between signal/cruise levers.