2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Outstanding
By lawman1967 on 12/06/11 14:41 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just sold my 2009 C300 Sport after two years and 80,000 miles of driving. I bought it new, religiously followed the maintenance schedule and replaced the Continental tires with the same every 30,000 miles. This car was flawless in every way. Nothing ever broke, and it never needed anything beyond regular maintenance, which for 80,000 miles is very impressive indeed. The car was fast enough, fun to drive, and extremely comfortable, even on the two occasions when I drove 1,100 miles in a single day. Best thing to say about it is that I traded it in for a new 2012 C250 Sport sedan, and expect the same great service from the new one. I was sad to see it go.

Smoothest Ride Ever
By carlo on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first car purchased as new, and I've had it for about a year and a half. I've driven and rode in many different vehicles, but the C300 is hands down the quietest, best handling, and has the most buttery smooth ride. Exterior is beautiful and flawless. I've gotten countless double-takes while driving around town, and have been complimented many times by passers by. I haven't had a single issue in a year and a half and 20,000 miles. One gripe is the car is kind of low; I've scraped the front bumper several times on curbs, causing the black paint to scrape off, showing the white underside.

substitute for a BMW??
By ITR driver on 03/12/10 20:18 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove BMW 335i before settle with MB C300 sport. I bought it because of good discount from factory + dealer. It is a well built car, not as fast as the BMW, and handling is just as good as BMW providing you are not on a track. I do feel the throttle response is slow! so is the Automatic transmission down shift! It takes about 1-2 sec. from gentle press down the gas pedal to actually see response acceleration. The AT also reluctant to downshift quickly when press the gas pedal deeply. It is ok in regular driving but will be a different story if try to avoid an accident or quick lane change.

This car saved my life...literally.
By Carolina on 03/09/10 14:05 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In March 2010, I was at a stop light routinely waiting my turn to proceed forward. Without warning, I saw the grill of a GMC SUV for a split second before it crashed into the rear of my car. Police estimated that the vehicle was traveling between 35-40 mph. Though the Benz was totaled and I sustained injuries - I'm here to tell you that this car saved my life. The standard safety features the C300 offers speaks volumes about Benz build quality... Thank you Mercedes-Benz.

3rd review at just almost one year
By coadster on 01/01/10 23:23 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had for almost a year now-still unusually ecstatic. Granted only driven it 3000 miles but have had absolutely no issues at all(other than the signal lever/cruise lever are too close together). MB Tex is much better than leather (although others can't tell the difference). Fold down rear seats have proved wonderful. Just loaned it to friends for the past week and they don't want to give it back now-it is a sports, luxury car and love the sporty look and drive.

Baby Benz is a Great Drive!
By mikeb130 on 11/05/09 09:35 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded my 2000 BMW 323ci for this car about 6 weeks ago. Have to say I am very impressed. From the moment you walk up to this car, it says, "I mean business." Outstanding exterior styling - mine is Mars Red and has the 18" AMG wheels. Can't tell you how many comments I've gotten from total strangers at the gas pump or grocery store. Inside, things are well- organized and comfortable. Not sure why they put two control stalks on the left side of the steering wheel and none on the right, but you get used to it. Great manual tranny - shifter at least as precise as the Bimmer's. Excellent stability in braking and cornering, good power. Overall great car!

Much improved
By asiafish on 09/30/09 12:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd C class Mercedes, following a 2001 C240 and a 2005 C230 Kompressor, and is easily the best of the lot. It is faster than any of my previous ones, more luxurious and far better built. The only area where it fails to live up, at least to my 2005, is in its aggression-factor. The 2005 C230 Sport was simply a far more aggressive car, with much stiffer springs, deeper and firmer bolstering on the seats and a loud and sporty exhaust. Of course, the new car is far more luxurious and still adequately sporty.

C300 6 Speed Sport w/18" AMG wheels
By Steve on 08/26/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Audi S8 for this car. My wife thought I was crazy until she drove it. It handles like it is on rails and the performance is very good overall. Not quite the acceleration of the Audi but I am getting 31 mpg on the highway between 65-70mph with the cruise set. I can't wait for the Borla exhaust to come!

Our second review....LOVE IT!
By coadster on 07/19/09 23:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a followup as we just completed an 1200 mile roadtrip with 2 adults, 2 large dogs and lots of stuff. Car exceeded our expectations....all across the board (and we have owned new E class/5 Series, Jag XJ prior).

Very impressed
By Jay on 07/17/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd MB. I have the sport package, Auto with the multimedia option. Amazing sound system and overall a very fun car to drive. By far has been my favorite car I've ever owned. For the money, the C class provides everything I could imagine. The car feels and looks much more expensive than it is. In my opinion the body style is more appealing than any 60K dollar car I've seen on the road. It's eye catching, I get tons of compliments and is a true joy to drive to work and back everyday. I'm amazed at some of the other reviews I've read bashing this car. I can't find one thing I "hate" about this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class in VA is:

$127 per month*