2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Crossing my fingers

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Crossing my fingers
By Crossing Fingers on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

An answer to my mid-life crisis, I was coerced into buying the lil red sedoupe (sedan,coupe) rather than a used luxury sedan. 47, no wife, no kids: it seemed to make sense, I've owned nothing but SUVs/Mini Vans since the disco era. The first thing i noticed was the ride noise from the standard 17'inch tires. Also, the rear light housing was fogged up/filled with inner perspiration. Both items served as bargaining chips & I managed to walk out with it for a mere $11K. With only 37K miles, I was happy. Getting in/out is a challenge with my 275lb frame, but the car's an excellent incentive to lose weight and I've got nothing but compliments from friends/co-workers. 30 days so far, no problems.

The BODY. This car is just simply GORGEOUS. I'm still awestruck when i walk up to it, mentally patting myself on the back and uttering mischievously to myself "i cant believe i bought a lil red sports car". LOL

Gas mileage. I'm averaging 14 miles a gallon, if that. The handbrake is cumbersome. My Car's automatic, I could've done without the steering shifters, they make the steering wheel look too busy.