2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - First time Mazda driver.

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First time Mazda driver.
By gonegolfin on

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the MX-5 GT 6-speed at the end of March 2006. It is the True Red color and I have lost track of how many people have stopped me to ask questions about the car and in some cases asked if they could drive it. Obviously, my answer was no. The car has been exactly as described and lived up to all the pre-launch euphoria. It's impossible to overstate the "fun" factor of driving this car top-down. Outstanding!

Favorite Features

The exterior lines are fantastic. The interior, a little snug, is beautiful to look at and functional as well. The performance is spunky and the shifting is perfect. It beats, hands down, the Solstice and I prefer the Mazda over the Z-3 and Z-4. The stereo performs well at all speeds.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk space is limited. I can fit my golf clubs, which was a prerequisite, but I have to remove the driver and 3 wood from the bag to get it in. A little bigger trunk would be great. Also, lining the interior of the top and a "one-touch" up/down for both windows would be a nice touch.