2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Rained out in my 2006 MX5
By ldybyrd on 01/20/10 22:59 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2006 MX5. I use it for commute. I have problems when it rain. Every rain season the car floods from the drains inside the car. The dealership fixes it everytime for no charge. Concern problems continues. I am scared to drive or park the car outside in the rain. What should I do?

owner
By Ava on 10/13/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love my car. Continuous problems with the roof leaking and flooding inside the car behind the seats. The vents keep clogging where water runs off. Problem every rain season. Any suggestions?

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom
By Former Fiat Lover on 05/01/08 16:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wow! Like a motorbike with four wheels. I love this car! I bought a new Fiat Spider in 1980 because I almost froze riding home from the mountains at Banff to Calgary at night. This Miata is to replace the Fiat while I rebuild it. I may never rebuild the Fiat because this Miata is sooo much better in all ways (except maybe the way the cupholder sticks you in the leg). What a blast! The gas mileage is even fairly good at over 30 mpg. I have found the long way home or to where I am going regardless of the cost of gas here in Canada. This roadster is really sooo much better than my Fiat Spider ever was.

Fun and economical car
By Larry on 12/10/06 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

On "The Dragon" in the Tennessee mountains, all but the fastest motorcycles hold me back. This car really handles well. I'm getting about 24-26 MPG. The manual top is very easy to open and close. In hot weather the top often clicks into its boot with just a simple backwards push. In cooler weather I have to twist back in the seat to click it into the boot. Either process takes 3 to 10 seconds. My wife is just 5"3" and needs to get out of the car seat to open and close. The red mica is beautiful on this car.

more fun for the money
By paprika on 08/19/06 07:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my MX5 for 6 months now, and I am in love with it! The new body style is definitely eye catching.It performs great and corners fantastic. I must admit though I did expect better gas mileage with the a/c on, but it more than makes up for that in the fun category.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.