Used 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda Mx-5-miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

MX5 - there's no substitute
By dklein

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For the money this sports car is a 10. But if you want the top of the line best it cost over 50k easily. It is so fun to drive you look forward to doing it. When I bought it I was not fully aware of it's past but I am happy I am in it's present and future. It is a sports car so it is not the most comfortable ride but again complete fun. With the top down "forget about it"

Favorite Features

Looks,suspension,steering,Bose stereo, convertible,Fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Horse power up to 190+

Fun, Freakin' Awesome Sports Car!
By 3rd Wright Brother

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I searched for a new car I wanted a convertible. I researched all the different models and within a week I ordered a Mazda Miata. It was the best convertible available and exactly what I was looking for. It had power, great handling, style, and I loved how easy it was to put the top down. It takes me less than three seconds to put the top down or put it back up. A lot of other convertibles on the market required two people to lower or raise the top. I have driven my Miata to so many places, but driving through the Rockies was my favorite. The small back road to Aspen was the most breathtaking journey ever and the Miata was a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

The handling is superb! It turns on a dime, has great acceleration, very comfortable seats (even more comfortable than my Chevy Blazer) and it looks better than convertibles that cost two times as much. Everything is an ergonomical dream making it seem as if you are 'one' with the car.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any improvements. I am glad I bought the 2005 model though. Its tan interior with a tan top with a blue exterior was replaced with a new interior that looks much less appealing. If I bought another Miata I would look for another 2005 model, and not a newer one.

A great toy and dependable car!
By 2005 Mazda MX5 Miata

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 70 years old and have owned Jaguars, X19s and many small convertibles. I LOVE MY MIATA MX5! It hates snow and so do I, so it remains in its heated garage all winter but when its ready to go so am I. I feel safe and comfortable in it. I wish I were younger, I'd be in the new 2008 with the upgrade! I take it to the mountains a lot and appreciate the way it handles and takes the upgrades with power to spare! As far as looks go? How can you beat it? Thanks Mazda.

Favorite Features

Everything, power, not an automatic, easy handling, reliability and good looks! I leave the engine to my dealer.

Suggested Improvements

I would like the dash to be classier than the plain old grey vinyl.

Used Car Bargain
By DAC989

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

These are the cars that make driving fun. Bought this one used with under 4K miles for my 2 or 3 commute days but has also become the date car for my wife and me. The interior was very efficiently designed and the trunk has more room than you would think. Getting a little over 27 mpg. For the price, you cannot beat this car.

Favorite Features

Stereo is awesome! And the top, of course.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic retractable top but this is minor.

Fun 2 Drive
By Babynton

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been the car of my dream ever since I was in high school. The wait was worth it. This car is so much fun to drive, especially with the top down.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, Bose system.