2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: Miata--best kept secret

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

Miata--best kept secret
By Roadhugger on

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2000 Miata for my wife in June of 2003. I thought the car was a joke until I drove it. Interior is a little small for me but perfect for my wife. The car's handling is outstanding and can't be beat on those curvy, hilly roads. Maybe a little underpowered at the start but once rolling it's got plenty of getup and go. Even with an automatic transmission the economy is great at 26mpg around town and over 30mpg on the open road. Plus the car appears to be well built with perfect alignment of doors, hood,trunk lid and body panels. I'm now a Miata nut who leaves his T-top Camaro in the garage and takes the Miata out to burn up the roads.

My favorite feature of the Miata is the super-outstanding handling on the open road. Whether hilly and curvy or straight open road the car handles fantastically.

To improve the car I'd have to add about 40hp more and a tilt steering wheel. The tilt wheel would make entering and exiting the car for big guys like me a lot easier.