2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Didn't know practicality could be so fun
By Stephen on 04/02/10 16:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Found a Black '09 i Touring (Plus) - Bose sound system with Satellite radio, sunroof, bluetooth, advanced keyless entry, Xenon headlamps, Leather w/cloth insert seating, 6 speed manual, cruise control. I've only had the car for less than a month, but am totally loving it! I've put 1800 miles on it already and don't want to stop driving - it's just too much fun. 6 speed manual is a very nice transmission, and although it's only got 170hp it can really move when you need it to. Fit and finish is very nice, and the doors even sound nice and solid when you close them. MPG is very respectable. Suspension is firm but comfortable. Loads of trunk space. Mazda has done a fine job with the 6!

Amazing ride
By Ra on 09/23/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car! Have been driving since April and it is now mid September. I can't tell you how many times I am stopped by people who ask about my car. Not only does it look sweet, it drives like a dream - very smooth and fun! Best part is the roomy interior. I have two very tall teenagers who sit comfortably in the back as well as a very large trunk space. The 12 speaker Bose sound system sounds very good as well.

Pretty Sweet Ride
By rogerwa1 on 07/30/09 21:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just picked mine up this week. I think the looks are awesome, it rides very well. Just the balance of firmness and softness. The cabin is very quiet and the features, especially with the Convenience and the Bose package are well worth it. I will say the Bose, while sufficient, is less than I expected. It is a very comfortable and roomy car. The roomy backseat makes this a great family sedan. I was very surprised that I was able to get rubber in second gear. I have the 6spd and it pulls pretty nicely in 3rd and fourth but would like a steeper 6th gear OD. I also am having a hard time find a smooth 1==>2 shift point without winding it up.

I love my Mazda 6 (Zoom Zoom)
By omie m6 rocks on 04/22/09 19:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

we finally made a choice between the mazda 6 and the ultima. love the maual mode and all the goodies that come with the mazda 6.

You will love it
By Howie on 12/24/08 20:35 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I happen to like driving. The Mazda 6 is really the most fun to drive in the sedan catergory. Reasonably priced, nice to look at - very good quality inside too. I have researched the competition and have owned Acura/Lexus/Benz and could not be happier with this decision. You will be too.

Very good car
By wendavid9 on 12/02/08 07:20 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the car for just about a month. City and highway drive is about 50/50 and have average mileage above 26 mpg (based on my calculation on 3 tank refills). Trunk is the largest in its class but the opening could be bigger. I have two children sit in back seat and seems rear windows are bit high for them to see outside. Ride is quiet and comfortable. The boss sound does its job nicely. The 6 speed manual transmission is very smooth and fun to shift. Blue tooth system is easy to use and very helpful. Blind spot monitor is a good feature but only works when speed is above 20 mph. lots of air bags and traction control and stability control are standard. Just love it.

COMPETITION IS NONE
By 10 on 11/10/08 14:25 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just like the title states. Test drove the Honda Accord; wasn't comfortable. Test drove the Nissan Altima; on the slow side. This is my second Mazda, my first was a Millenia s. Luxury with an attitude. Same goes for the new 6, handling is crisp, suspension feels sporty, ride is smooth and comfortable. More bang for the buck if you ask me. I just fell in love with this car.

Lexus??
By Cookie on 10/28/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I totaled out my 07 Mazda CX-7 and fell in love with the 2009 6 after test driving one. I purchased an i touring and have no regrets with the 4 cyl. The styling of this car is amazing. The car has been mistaken for a Lexus three times. This is the best car I have ever driven. There is tons of room for the family and you never feel like you sacrificed style or performance. If you are looking for a great performing, look at me style vehicle for a great price, this is the car for you. Great job Mazda!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$130 per month*