2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
mazda electrical/misc troublemaker
By dsuranksy on 07/16/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased an 07 hatchback in 08 with 12 k miles on it. Car has had repeated air bag lights. Taken to dealer numerous times, paided alot for diagnosis, dealer cant ever seem to repair. All goes well for a day or two, the light comes back on! Warranty is long gone, pretty much stuck with it..Seems to go thru tires, all four have to be replaced every 20k with alignment (michelin tires). Stay away from Mazda, never had these problems with Honda or Toyota.

Wonderful Vehicle--Reliable & Fun
By William on 03/04/10 23:06 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Mazda 6 in the Spring of 2007. It has been a wonderful auto; truly fun to drive while providing reliability and comfort. I have no complaints. The Japanese engineers thought it out carefully as to what a driver enjoys while building a solid all-around vehicle. The internal layout of the car is superb for its class!

Fantastic Car
By Charles on 01/18/10 20:17 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazda 6 hatchback new in 2008. I did a lot of research on this car before deciding to buy it. It had everything I needed. Comfort is top notch. Performance is a 10. The touring trim level is very well put together. Between the hatch and the fold down seats it's amazing what you can fit in this car. I've owned many a Honda and Toyota... Reliability is as good as Honda or Toyota with better interiors. If you want "Vanilla" buy a Toyota. Personally, I'll take two scoops of "Zoom Zoom" over vanilla any day.

A Very Smart Buy!
By Mysticman89 on 06/03/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is just absolutely amazing. I am going to hold on to this car until it dies pretty much. It gets me where i need to go and I have no regrets for buying it. I think the people that get on here and complain about this magnificent car must have obviously been spoiled by cars such as Mercedes or Lexus. The seats are not uncomfortable and the fuel economy is a lot better than most cars. If I can drive this car 868 miles from IA to AL without complaining about uncomfortable seats then no one should.

Still Great After 31,000 Miles!
By thebigbird35 on 03/08/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I still love this car. Only complaint is I've needed two alignments and gotta but new tires now. Breakaway mirrors and a bit better gas mileage would have been nice. But other than those quibbles, the comfort and handling and the sheer fun of driving remains exceptional. So much cooler than all the Camry's and Accord's out there. Really sad Mazda ended the hatchback line in 07 -- big mistake! That rear space is so convenient for hauling stuff, and the hatchback actually looks better than the Sedan IMO. I'd definitely buy this car again!

Great car
By Joe W. on 01/15/09 13:41 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like quirky cars, and this one fits the bill perfectly. It's not an annoying car, just different. The 3.0L V6 is not as strong as you would think down low, but the car asks you to drive it in a higher rev range. Driving the car higher in the rev range doesn't screw up the fuel economy very much. Gotta love the huge hatch opening. My only gripe is the weird front seats the have too much thigh support for us manual drivers. Yeah, and the shifter itself is slightly clunky, but it performs flawlessly.

07 Mazda 6 2.3 hatch
By nevans on 12/31/08 15:27 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Hondas, VWs, a Peugeot, and a Mazda GLC. If I had the cash I would buy a GTI, or BMW, but the 6 is a nice affordable alternative. Good handling and the 2.3 with a stick has enough power to be interesting. The hatch is what sold me. Room for skis and a couiple of bikes. Good car on snow and ice. I put on minus one, 16 inch wheels Nokia studded snows. Use the standard 17's in the summer. Like a lot of cars today there is lack of tie down hooks on the frame, which make it diffcult to pull out of a ditch

Awesome Ride
By rick31621 on 11/18/08 03:43 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride, awesome acceleration, average gas mileage.

Worth my Money
By Joe on 07/09/08 22:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car. I commute 80 miles a day in it, and it definitely feels sporty. I replaced a Celica with this car, and I don't feel like I drive a mommy mobile. This car is not for the people who want cushy ride. I actually enjoy having a car with quirks. EXCEPT the weird clutch feel; that's annoying in stop-and-go. This is the car that Saab used to make, and it's a well rounded vehicle. I'm not crazy about the Bose stereo or the middling fuel economy. The tires are a very weird size which make replacement fairly expensive. I enjoy the rather peaky nature of the V6, it keeps me alert and focused. I can't be a lazy driver

Much promise, little delivery
By Jon on 05/03/08 15:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth engine, good handling and nice auto box ruined by worst ride of any car I have owned in 23 years of driving (avoid the 18 inch alloys and Pirelli P Zero tyres). Looks great outside, cheap materials inside. Loads of space and easy loading on the hatch. Lousy economy. Overall, disappointing, as on the surface much more interesting than competition.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.