2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Performance for the money

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Review

Performance for the money
By Robert on

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car has an athletic look, drives awesome, especially with the 5 speed manual. Handles quite well, and smooth and quiet on the highway. Quality is not quite there as with Honda or Toyota; that's because Ford is the parent company. I had a loose left side defroster vent, one of the badly designed wall nuts for the cargo net pulled through and broke off, cheap materials for headliner caused separation near where it's supposed to be tucked in under front maplight housing. Haven't figured how I'm going to hide that yet. Headlight aim was off - just little things. All in one month, but I still love the car, I fixed all the things myself.

Nice ride, excellent A/C, Bose stereo is decent, just an all around sporty, and I mean sporty sedan.

Headliner could be of better material, looks and feels like a "Ford" quality issue. Interior panels don't line up perfectly. "Ford" again. If Ford would just keep their hands off of Mazda design and engineering, Mazda would be ranked up there with Toyotas and Hondas.