High Value
By mazdat on
2011 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Iíve heard good things about Mazda cars, and liked the looks of the 3, but never drove a Mazda until my 1997 Honda Accord EX with 200,000 plus miles needed more in repairs than I wanted to spend. The excellent driving dynamics of the 3, zero percent financing, and a great price loaded with options sold me on a 2011 Mazda 3 i Touring. The strengths of the 3 are handling, build quality, interior quality, good mileage, and an excellent Bose sound systems with Bluetooth phone/music player integration. My mileage with the 3 in a mix of city/highway driving was better than expected, returning 37 MPG employing a conservative driving style.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth Bose Audio, Smooth Shifting 5 Speed Manual, and Top of Class Handling.
Suggested Improvements
A sixth gear for highway cruising. The 3ís gearing is great for commuting, but lacks a tall gear for cruising on the highway (it runs at approx 3600 rpm at 80). The 3ís mileage went down to about 32 MPG when cruising at higher speeds. The front style, although it looks much better with darker colors, such as black and graphite.