Best car I have ever owned!
By parolee on
2009 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Bought used at 35,000 miles. This car is exactly what I was looking for. My hatchback is a manual transmission, and I love how it takes hills. Even in cruise control, it doesn't skip a beat. The steering is responsive. It's a fun little car to drive! Drove around the other day with 5 people in the car. One person 6'2 the rest 5'3 to 5'11. Everybody was comfortable!! IF you're any taller than 5'11, the backseat might not work for you with a fully loaded car. We still had plenty of storage in the hatchback to boot! The engine did not miss a beat. Slight loss of power out of 1st, but did fine other than that. For the class of car, this is the best option. Period!
Favorite Features
I really like the body design and the quick little motor. As a matter of fact, this entire car is amazing when compared to the Toyota Matrix, Hyundai Accent, and Nissan Versa... of which I test drove all three in addition to the Mazda3.
Suggested Improvements
The price.. I get it, this car is awesome... And considering the power of the engine compared to others in it's class, it would explain the higher price.... So really I'm just wanting to pay less as a consumer. This car is totally worth it. Gas mileage. If Mazda could somehow harness the power of the 168hp motor and get upwards of 35+ highway, that would be perfect!