1998 Mazda 626 Consumer Review: Typical Automatic Issues?

1998 Mazda 626 - Consumer Review

1998 Mazda 626

Typical Automatic Issues?
By Pat M on

1998 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Bottom line is I love the car. I must. I've owned it for over 10 years, and am only now deciding to sell. But, transmission #3 is issuing signals, and the pre-cat went out years ago. The pre-cat triggers the chk eng light, then the light goes out in a couple of weeks. Not really an issue, just an annoyance. We also lost a lot of weather-stripping around the doors. I re-hung it. But I think it needs more than just an adhesive to really do the job. After two years, we also have two dash bulbs out. Makes it a pain to use the heater when you can't real the dial. But I still have the car, so it isn't all bad. A very fun car to drive, even with low power.

Driving position, driving responsiveness, comfortable, convenient interior. Exterior styling. Economy. Quality of materials used.

This Ford-engineered transmission is a piece of junk. I've spent over $5000 on transmission and half-shaft repairs. Way too much money. Any car with leather interior should have shaded windows to prevent leather cracking. ATTACH vs adhere weatherstrip to door openings.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review