Used 2001 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lincoln Town Car

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

My 7th Lincoln
By nbay29

2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My first one was a 1949 Baby Lincoln. I've had other makes in between, but now I'm on my 7th: an 84, two 96s, a 99, an 04 and now an 01. The 04 was a complete dud. From the engine, to the differential, to the accessories, it was junk at 77,000 miles. Very well satisfied with the other six. Comfort, mileage, reliability, fun to drive----what more could you ask?

my 1st car
By danjb94

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this is my 1st car and as a 17 year old driving around a Town Car I have to say it is awesome. Mine has only 71k miles on it so it's still a baby when it comes to these cars. Only problem I've had is I had to replace the idle air control valve last week because it went bad and the car would stall out at idle, but $80 for a new one off rock auto and it was done! Couldnt ask for a cooler 1st car!!! I'm still amazed that I get 30+ MPG on the highway for such a big car.

Favorite Features

sunroof, seating for 6, 30+ mpg on highway

Bring Back The Town Car
By gelf58

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

These cars are awesome. I bought one with over 395K miles on it. The original owner took extremely good care of it. I have owned it for 11/3 years and I am approaching 423K. It still has the original engine and transmission. at 412k I had to replace the a/c compressor. Other than regular maintenance that's it. The key is to do the regular maintenance and these cars will last a log long time. Unlike the Cadillac's whose Northstar engines have valve cover issues and the transmission usually fails at about 150k

Favorite Features

Cost of Ownership, Safety. I had a 2002 LTC and hit a deer at 50 mph. while there was front end damage (headlights, grill and hood) I was able to drive away and hardly felt anything when I hit the deer.

Suggested Improvements

No cd player

Bought used with 105,000 miles...
By s80sux

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Lincoln Town car is a great car! This vehicle feels heavy,well constructed, safe and gives me an overall sense of well being. Buying a used car I was nervous about older cars being unreliable but after reading reviews of other owners stating thier vehicles reliablilty, I decided to buy one!

Favorite Features

STRONG starter, air suspension (fun to watch vehicle lower when I close the doors!) and the large jeweled headlights.

Suggested Improvements

tighter steering, standard dual exhaust.

Love my Lincoln!
By Donna H

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd Lincoln Towncar I've owned. All have been excellent vehicles. I have 121,000 miles on my 2001 Lincoln; have spent very little on upkeep other than new tires and a heater coil in the 8 years I've owned it. Love the large trunk; can haul almost anything; very reliable; gas mileage could be better, but car is so heavy and sturdy, that makes up for it. They don't make them like this anymore!

Favorite Features

Large, comfortable interior and large trunk; very smooth ride; very nice exterior design; very elegant.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be a little better